By julie1 on Sunday, 26 October 2014
Replies 4
Likes 0
Views 2.2K
Votes 0
Please note that the motorhome parking at Portimao Marina (listed in the stopovers) is closed wef 27th October 2014.
Thank you, is that as in permanently?
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil
Yes it looks permanent. I think it's been under dispute for a few years. Looks like whoever they were in dispute with have finally won the case. I understand that the Police will be there on Monday to ask anyone remaining to leave the site.
It's been emptying slowly over the past few days because of the rumours.
This information has come from the lad that has been managing the site. I'll ask around next week to see if anyone can verify if all the vans have gone. I assume that the entrance will also be blocked off which will confirm the closure.
I'm sure its closure will have a huge impact both for motorhomers who spend the winter there and local businesses who probably welcome the winter trade.
Regards Julie
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil
Just to let you know that the parking at Portimao Marina is now under new management. We went down to take a look yesterday to see for ourselves (lots of rumours have been flying about).
Cost for overnight stay is still €2.50 but Rv's are being charged €3.50.
Julie
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you, much appreciated. I have updated the listing Portimao Marina :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post