By Tom1 on Tuesday, 15 September 2015
Posted in Meets and Rallies
Replies 15
Likes 0
Views 5K
Votes 0
Is anybody interested in a south/south west UK meet maybe October half term?
We have 2 kids aged 6 and 8 though!

If not I try to go away for Feb half term, Easter, 3 weeks end July too. Oh and 2 weekends a month all year round! So maybe some time would work for some of us!
Hi Tom can't do October as away. Some other time may be possible though

Thanks Spinner
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
If it pans out in such a way, maybe a coastal meet with the boats too Spinner.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Tom, hope you get some interest :thumbs:

Do you have any type of venue in mind?

We're still out of the UK at that time but hopefully sometime next year :lol:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Boss!

No real idea of location yet, (your front lawn maybe? ) :welcome1:
Or style of meet up, by that I mean, a day to say hello only, a weekend or longer etc.
I tend to go anywhere from South West Wales, to South and South West England but as you know anywhere is within reach.
Depends how many and where they are based I suppose.
I am based in West Berkshire, 5 mins from the M4 and A34, so all directions are easy!

As you might remember I went to western France last month for 3 weeks (first time in 7 years) and it was great, I am hoping to go again next year, so even a meet somewhere over there would suit me!

So up to us all really to see what suits people
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
My front lawn? :silly:

Some ideas and suggestions required then.... My suggestion, if it helps, would be a weekend so day visitors can go even if they can't stay and as for venue, a pub stopover may suit depending on numbers although I'm not sure that's so good for littluns. How about a sailing club at that time of year, any that you know of that may be OK?

Just my 2p worth but hopefully you'll get some suggestions to narrow down on a plan :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Tom1 and well done for trying to arrange a get together for some of the members. We are just back from Germany by then and have quite a busy schedule of getting more stuff together for the holiday property we recently bought in the Mosel.
Most of us have to plan these things well in advance if it is going to be something that others can fit in with. All I can suggest is that when you have decided where and when you will be for the weekend post it on the forum (the sooner the better). If you have details of the costs where you are planning to stay and numbers the place can take all the better. If you are thinking of booking for people forget it let them make their own arrangements or you will end up out of pocket.
Look forward to meeting up with not only you but some more of the members when we get our chalet something like. should have room for a couple of campers.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Tom,great idea and very welcome,although we,ll be away for the next couple of months.i don't mind travelling ,thats what we do.
I also think a weekend somewhere where there are maybe other attractions nearby if possible whatever they may be,racecourse ?
We are the other end of the M4 corridoor by the way.
wish you luck and large numbers dont necessarily mean a better meet the more the merrier of course. :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Traveller.
Well I am only asking to see if people are interested at this point in time.

However, I do know a few suitable spots, from pubs to seafront car parks that I have always been welcomed in, so I'm sure if I ask them the will be open to the idea.

As for Neil's suggestion of a sailing club, I do know a couple that might be suitable too.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Oh and Mid4did,
I think it might be best t plan it for quite a way in advance to give everyone the opportunity to try to make it!

Which end of the M4 corridor are you, my parents and there camper live near Llandiello at the Welsh end.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Iam interested will keep watching
Dave
DLT
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
yes I,d agree with that as you say to give more people time to make their plans,we are not as far down as wales but look across the river and you can see over there on a clear day,we're in weston-s-mare ,often called super mud
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I know Weston on the mud. My cousin used to have a pub there and I have old friends in the area.

Oh and Traveller, did you say a holiday home in Mosel? Isnt that in the middle east??
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
No I'm not quite that good a shot. Our's is on river Mosel Couple of k's from Zell. Although they do still have wild boar and deer in the woods. It is a little to quiet for the asylum seekers (very little employment). Going to need a lumberjack as back garden full of trees.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Watching with interest as in SW about that time.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi all, sorry for dragging my feet on this one. I cant really arrange anything 'official' this time but will try to soon.
We still are not sure exactly where we will be for half term, October the 24th onwards, I might have to tile a bathroom for my parents in South West Wales, so may well stop on the Gower or Burry Port en route.
However will prob head to Devon if not, for a night in Exmouth and go from there.
I am currently waiting for mother to decide if she will be ready and if she has made her mind up on tiles. (which is like waiting for Christmas on boxing day) :angry:
I will keep everyone posted where and when I will be, then if you want to rock up and say hi you know where to go! :woohoo:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post