By NEILMAC on Sunday, 06 December 2015
Replies 9
Likes 0
Views 2.8K
Votes 0
Although Paintsealed from new and it was even renewed after the initial 5 years, my MH's bodywork requires quite a lot of work to get it back to a proper gloss and as Paintseal's 'warranty' does not transfer to subsequent owners I've been trying various products.

Best I've found so far is Farecla 'Gel Coat Restorer and Wax' for the front and rear GRP areas which were really dull - almost matt, and Farecla 'Glaze for light colours' for the painted sides.

What do you use?
I use G3 cutting paste to get the dead paint, marks and scratches off.
Then a hard wax, whatever is around really.
I cut mine with G3 3 years ago, but wax it at least once a year, but I wash it every time out or once every 2 weeks with a turtle wax, wash and wax all in one liquid, where is washed and microfiber clothed off afterwards.
When it rains you can see the water bead off the body work.

When away for longer periods I use a product called WOW which is a waterless cleaning product, just spray on and wipe off with a microfiber cloth, however I'm sure it 'dulls' the wax as I always seem to re wax the bodywork a few weeks after getting back, but the WOW gives a great shine on the plastic/GRP areas.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello

I don't do that much polishing, Just a bit on the GRP bonnet and then I use Autglym.

When I give her a wash, not Mrs Spinner. I just use diluted Traffic Film Remover (TFR) and that keeps her shiny.

Spinner :kiss:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I have heard that Autoglym products are good - I used them years ago on cars but found the polish very dusty when polished off, maybe its different now.

I've been told that Showroom Shine is good too. Its a waterless product so I'd be reluctant to use it like that as I can't understand how any dirt particles don't scratch paintwork.

Once the Farecla stuff I'm using has done its job of putting back the gloss I just want something to keep it that way :lol:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Talking of Autoglym, I have used a product of theirs called aqua wax, its in a spray bottle and you spray it on when the vehicle is wet, after washing.
Seemed to work very well from memory.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Like others we use Showroom Shine (there are many other polishes)! I too was reluctant to use a waterless polish, and so we used a good shampoo ist. The results were very good, and the dreaded overspray white spots were able to be wiped off easily. I have since used the polish without water and been very satisfied.
The roof however needs something very much more robust to achieve a satisfying result.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi, I run my own business in the marine industry, I valet boats most of which are made of GRP (fibreglass). The product market is a minefield. I am given most of my products on a trial basis. The Farecla Gelcoat Restorer and wax is very good, but the 3M version is better! If oxidisation is really bad then a cutting paste is needed (by machine preferably) - the best one is 3M fast cut/fine cut, this should be applied using a red sponge mop head and by machine, no water necessary. If your vehicle is already shiny then the best thing you can use is a hard wax, i.e. Carnauba or 3M hard wax, this is the best thing you can use on shiny GRP/paint. Never wash your motorhome with detergent based products as this will strip any wax right off and a build up of wax is essential for a long lasting shine.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Once restorer is used then use a hard wax, use this as many times a year as you can and build it up, that will keep it shiny!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Polish? Sounds like hard work, easier to get a new motorhome
·
7 years ago