By mothy54 on Saturday, 30 January 2016
Posted in Top Motorhome Tips
Replies 10
Likes 0
Views 5.8K
Votes 0
Anyone else find all clothes on coathangers off the rail after a journey? Only the wardrobe at the rear. The other one more central is no problem. I found some 'special' coat hangers but £3.00 each? Sue won't go for a diy option if it doesn't look good! Any suggestions?
Anyone else find all clothes on coathangers off the rail after a journey? Only the wardrobe at the rear. The other one more central is no problem. I found some 'special' coat hangers but £3.00 each? Sue won't go for a diy option if it doesn't look good! Any suggestions?

Wow, how the other half live eh?, Two wardrobes!
I knew you were posh Martin but.............!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi not really a problem for us but then our hangers have fairly pronounced ridges along the top edge. Apart from that, do up buttons, use any loops and dare I suggest using pegs (I know that is the DIY option).

What about some anti slip tape of some sort? Might find something in a haberdashery or craft shop.

Just don't get too hung up about it :unsure:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi mothy54
My partner found some hangers covered with a non slip rough material, she thinks in Dunhelm,only slightly dearer than normal prices. They are effective and also can get a hanger with 3 in 1 slots eg for my trousers which takes up less storage space. However with limited hanger space the clothes are tight together

Barry
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mothy(2 drobes):lol: same as MR2 ours our packed so tight in our single wardrobe theres no chance of any moving.Just thinking about it logically maybe because the wardrobe at the back is furtherest away from the central fulcrum point and remembering my schooldays maths then then it has more up and down movement especially going over bumps(sleeping policemen)Think of it like a see-saw effect.:thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We bought a pack of 5 in Wilkinsons that are sort of velour-coated, for £3.00. Seem to work especially when they are packed in tightly. We also use a canvas shoe hanger alongside to use up space, keep all our smalls in there! No room above the rail for anything to jump off.
http://www.wilko.com/garment-hangers/wilko-storage-coat-hangers-velvet-x-5/invt/0273493
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Travelmoores, off topic I know but do you have a cat in the van with you when away?

I met a lovely couple in Honfleur last year and the ran into them again in another air, their van and chairs looked just like yours, long shot I know!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sorry, no not us.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
we use a ribbed, firm conduit, normally used to cover cables underground. comes in tube form and will therefor need to be cut in order to fit it over the hanging rail. never failed yet.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Elastic band wrapped around anger and rail
Problem solved
Box of bands a quid