By tankerpaul50 on Monday, 07 March 2016
Replies 17
Likes 6
Views 6.1K
Votes 0
Hello all, we are picking up our new motorhome end of the month a Challenger Sirius (Chausson Exaltis ) and wonder where to purchase a thermal windscreen cover. Regards Paul
We have an A class Rapido witha massive windscreen and do get condensation in cold weather. You say you have screens made for your van, where could I get them for mine do you think Frank60?

Barry
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Paul

I suppose it depends weather you are going to use it much in extreme conditions. We use ours and think it is essential in these conditions. Saves so much gas and reduces condensation. If it goes below 0 degrees then we usually put them on. If it is sunny we role down the front to get some sunshine in.

In the Vosge at the moment and it's starting to snow this evening :thumbs:

Spinner
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sorry Paul

I read that as whether to buy not where.

Ours were Taylor made covers http://www.taylormade-covers.co.uk/

Spinner
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We have used Silver screens ,,made for your Van ,really do work .Did try a couple of times just using the cab blinds but misted up overnight .
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks,that's we want to do is stop misting up at night have you a contact for silver screens
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks will give them a ring and get a quote
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Check out this web site .http://www.silverscreens.co.uk/

Many variation's ours is a Fiat Ducato base ,the Silver Screen has a drop down front that allows in light during day ,when on site saves removing each day .Comes round windscreen and side doors ,top of doors fit inside screen ,Velcro's round side mirrors. They come in a storage bag with draw string ,we store in loo when travelling .
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Barry
I think your MH has the same screen as ours. Tailormade also did ours to order. I think you will find they are a stock item as this is a common layout with sliding window on driver's side and passenger door. Had ours for about 10 years now and still all OK. I don't think there is a lot of difference between the two makes.

Spinner
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
we just had one made by Van Comfort. They don't actually make them but send you off to a company called Minster Products near Sheffield who make a pattern for the van screen and then within 2 hours they make it for you. Cost £375 but it fits perfectly. We have been skiing in the French alps for the last 10 days and its keeping the cold out and cut the condensation by about 90%.

You could get it cheaper by going direct? http://www.minsterproducts.co.uk/polar.htm
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Google silver screens Mate. A class Rapido is in their list.
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
try this link.
http://www.silverscreens.co.uk/Rapido%20'A'%20class%20page.html
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
The TAYLOR MADE ones look good too and it is an organised website so I would favour them.
£144 for a 2010 Ducato, not sure about yours but won't be cheap!
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Mothy54 - seen a price for mine around £220 elsewhere. In no rush so will look around as warmer weather is on it's way and heading South in May

Barry
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We have researched these and have decided to bite the bullet and buy Silver Screens.
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Another vote for Silverscreens, we were using our van over Christmas and New Year, and we had overnight temperatures of minus 8 in Aranda de Duero and we were totally comfortable. We also use them in the summer to keep the heat out as our van does not have A/C and they work well too for keeping us cooler. I must admit that for the first couple of years after buying them I thought I had wasted my money because I hardly used them, but with more experience we have come to appreciate the benefits.....especially the lack of condensation.

Phil
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
After reading this post and the reviews I thought that sounds like a good thing to have, so was looking at prices, then I remembered the bag that came with my camper ... it did not have anything like logo's on it and to be honest I put it in the shed and forgot about it ...
Well the good news is it is a Thermal exterior screen cover, the down side was it said for a Peugeot Boxer but I have tried it on the Tranny and it seems to fit OK ...

Can it be left on all the time it's parked up or is that not advisable?
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi katmax

Yes it can be left on but you will get black streaky marks on the windscreen because the rain gets trapped, it does wash off though. Of course the thermals won't last as long.

Spinner
·
7 years ago
·
6 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post