By Chick1405 on Monday, 18 April 2016
Posted in Suggestion Box
Replies 13
Likes 1
Views 5.3K
Votes 0
Hi have you ever thought of doing a motorhome club rally ? B)

Hi Chick,
I organised an informal meet in January at a pub on the listings, a couple of others turned up and it was a great night.
I have also put a shout out for the summer as I will be in France and maybe Spain for 4 weeks and another couple of people have expressed an interest in meeting up over there.
I did also have a thread about doing some more this year too, and suggested some destinations, but it was a few months back.

I was also thinking of putting a shout out for the last week of May, as I will probably be going to North Devon.

But my ideas were by no means a formal 'rally' :side:
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We do rallys with the caravan club good to meet poeple have a laugh we only do uk and if a weekend upto 3hrs from home
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I agree, great to meet people and have a laugh.
I dont know how many would be up for a formal rally that I assume would involve a campsite and costs.
All depends on the costs I suppose.

However I know quite a few will be up for a pub meet and meal!

You say 3 hours from home, where are you based?
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
York North Yorkshire
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ooh, up in the deep, dark north! :whistle:

Lovely.
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·

Good morning Chick1405 :lol:

Whilst we don't hold 'rallies' we have had some 'meets' as Tom said. We don't plan to have formal rallies because of the admin and costs involved. Exemption certificate, marshalling and insurance being just some of them.

Informal meets can provide a social gathering and only require us, or any member, to arrange something where they are going to be somewhere on a certain day or so and invite others via the forum to come along as well.

Tom's example was to be at a suitable pub stopover and others came along to meet up. We have held a couple of meets in Spain that were invites to other members to come along and join in our own plans.

:thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you for the welcome to new members..just joined today..trying to fathom our way a round the site..north Lincolnshire based..is there much meeting up at pubs?
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·

Hi Chick 1405
It's something that we may well be interested in so as to meet up with folks who share the same interests.
Don't pick up the new motor home until we come back from Majorca so we will be looking for things like this mid-May onwards.
To be honest, we have been in the Caravan Club for some years now and never joined a local group but now we are retired there are many possibilities. Thanks for your reply
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you for the welcome to new members..just joined today..trying to fathom our way a round the site..north Lincolnshire based..is there much meeting up at pubs?

There are many of us who are always up for meeting at a pub! :woohoo:
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sounds good meeting up at pubs
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sounds good meeting up at pubs

Well the advice I can give is organise one yourself, the ones I have done, I picked a pub of the CM listings that I wanted to go to, emailed them to ask if they were ok with potentially a few of us turning up and booked a table,
and agreed to firm up on numbers with the landlord the week before going.

Then just posted it on the forum here, the last one in January had 8 of us in 3 motorhomes, including us and it was great, as I said before I am down south, so most of mine will be down this way and I'm hoping to be in North Devon whitsun week, so I may pick a night and pub and sort a meet out myself.
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi all
Meeting up in a pub for a night or two sound good to me also ⯑ I am located in East Yorkshire
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I am thinking of organising one in Devon or Cornwall soon as I am going for August to the West country.
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post