New

Awnings

Saturday, 23 April 2016
  1 Replies
  2.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi - we have just joined this group today. Excited first- timers as we ordered our first motor home 3 days ago for collection in May. Previously we have been caravanning for the last 7 years with, firstly a Bailey and then last year we ordered a new Coachman which we are trading in at the dealers. The change is due to the old arthritis problem in the knees so we thought it time to get into touring where it is less "labour intensive" ( we hope ). It also means that the boss ( or wife as known in some circles) can share the driving as she didn't like the idea of towing a large van behind our 4 x4.
Now this leaves us with a whole pile of stuff from the caravan that may or may not be needed in the motorhome. One of these is a Kampa Fiesta Air Pro 350 + sun canopy that we only bought last summer and we would like to retain it to use on the new Chausson we have ordered. This van comes with an awning already fitted and we wondered if there is any way that we can fit the Air Pro onto it. Any guidance would be great. Thanks ( and it's nice to be onboard).
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Welcome First timer.

Depending on the awnings, some of the wind outs have an awning track on the underneath of the front where the front side would fit on, I have seen people attach drive away awnings to this.

You can buy 'safari room' sides for the fitted awning that is on the van. Therefore making it enclosed.

However it all depends on how you end up using the motorhome, I use the wind out awing on my van very regularly but in 4 years I have put the sides up once!
Hopefully you will realise the pleasure of having a motorhome over a caravan is that you don't need to use campsites, don't need to book months in advance, pay a fortune in fees, etc.
So as you use campsites less and less often, you will adapt to suit what fits best for you.

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection