By sukieduke on Friday, 04 May 2012
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 2K
Votes 0
My husband and I are taking our motorhome over to France this year and have decided to travel using the shuttle. Any ideas of best place to stay in Folkstone the night before we travel??
Hi sukieduke and welcome!

We have about 3 (I think) pubs within about half an hour of the terminal but in our experience you can just get on an earlier train if you get there before your slot. Then you can head out of Calais for a sleep if you need it.

Loads of suitable stopovers here

Hope this helps.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Welcome Susieduke - we used to stay at a Caravan club site near to Folkstone but as Neil says there are plenty of alternatives.
We then decided to get to Calais and overnight at Cite de Europe ready to stock up for our onward journey!!

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We always use the tunnel, but we get on a train as soon as we can, and nearly always stay at Gravelines on 'the other side'. I know it's sometimes not in the right direction, but it's easily accessible, and safe and quiet.

Gerald
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey thanks Guys! I think the advice to stay over the other side is good and we hadn't really thought of that. Will look into it. Just about to subscribe so I'll get access to your list of possible stop-overs!!
Thanks
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey thanks Guys! I think the advice to stay over the other side is good and we hadn't really thought of that. Will look into it. Just about to subscribe so I'll get access to your list of possible stop-overs!!
Thanks

Welcome again (as a subscriber this time )

Gerald's recommendation of Gravelines is a good one! It's one of our favourites and you'll find details of the Aire HERE

If we can help with anything else please shout
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post