By TravelsRus on Saturday, 05 May 2012
Posted in Health and Fitness
Replies 6
Likes 0
Views 4.7K
Votes 0
I think I may be talking to the female section of this forum now but does anyone else have a problem maintaining their weight when going 'travelling' for more than 6 weeks - if the answer is NO - then I am obviously doing something wrong so any tips would be much appreciated.

I have a dog so I walk (but he is very lazy when it's hot) & I cycle (but usually only to get food& drink!!)

Does anyone carry any sort of fitness equipment with them in their 'vans?

Any positive tips - very welcome

Chris
Love the title Chris but dont really have any suggestions. I do envy you being able to get away for such a long time i can only manage weekends at the moment. So no time to put weight on!!!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for your honest reply but keep in touch with this topic because if you do manage more than weekends (which you will) you'll be glad for any constructive comments - hopefully!!

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Keep the van a rokin :laugh:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi there
I always carry my stretch bands for upper body toning and if I use them they really work You can a good stretch even in the van if weather dictates! Other than that you could travel to Scandinavia where booze is expensive so one can save a few calories!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Our exercise comes mainly from walking while we are on our travels and of course having Digger helps with that, he gets so excited at the prospect of a walk that we can hardly not do it :laugh: .

Other than that I find filling and emptying the fresh and waste water by container helps, its very tempting to use a hose to fill and move the van to empty the grey tank and cassette but carrying all that water to and fro has to be good exercise.

Other than that its a good idea to avoid good food and alcohol - yeah right! :whistle:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Great idea re the stretch bands - I've got 2 at home & never thought to bring one. Nice & light - which we have to take into consideration cos of the rubbish payload on our 'van.

Cheers Caromac
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post