Sunday, 22 October 2017
  4 Replies
  2.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Have had problems with my hot water and heating system since going to France last November, (Truma 6002C) had one company look at it and new fan installed as original had melted, all seemed good then around third trip out noticed water was getting overly hot, and gas kept locking out.
Anyhow long story short had 4 burst hot water pipes and gas kept shutting down, took to Webbs motorhomes where I bought the van from and explained all the probs, Steve the engineer who was to do the job kept me informed all the way to the probs and subsequent costs.
He then said system was working ok but? had a plastic burning smell,( which I had noticed before) he informed me that even tho they do not like to have to do it the boiler needed to come out, time 4.5 hours lab alone as I know I would not want that job as it's hid in behind the cooker.
Anyhow bugger it get on and sort it, three day's later sorted, total cost just under £850 had 2 new sensors mother board and complete overhall .
Went away last weekend it was like having a different van the heating and hot water excellent and so quiet.
So all in all very happy, better to spend £900 than chop van in for another (which I nearly did in my frustration), then spend £3000 getting everything I got on this one put on a newer one, I love the van I got anyway so job's a goodn.
Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection