Sunday, 14 January 2018
  5 Replies
  3.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Looking for recommendations for a nice campsite that is on the beach with most facilities between Alicante and Valencia. Mid to end of Septemeber.
Thanks.

Paul
Rate this post:
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello Paul noticed your post as we are thinking of going down that way as well in Sept. Hope you receive some replies as it would help me out as well in fact any info would be helpful IE routes, aires, places to see etc you can't beat recommendations from people who have done the journey.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
hi Paul,if like me you are a pensioner you can't get much better than this site.we,ve been going there on and off for the past few years in the off peak season.this year its 13.90 euros a night inc ehu .Next to a beach onsite supermarket and a lidl up the road.
park playa bara
Just north of valencia at benicassim I checked in here with acsi but found that it's a caravan and camping club rally site so got even cheaper rates using my C&CC card.Then even cheaper as they do 7 days for the price of 6.
It's a 10 minute stroll to the beach and a 10 minute bike ride along the cycle track to the town.Family run and very friendly
Tauro camping.
Our favourite is camping Javea which is again a 10 minute walk to the pebble beach and a bit longer or a cycle ride to a nice sandy beach with lots of bars/restaurants.cheap acsi rates of about 17 euros inc ehu.
camping javea
I like the west coast route and do a left at junc 11 to dax over to Oleron ste marie through the somport tunnel stopping at sabinanigo aire .2 days for 4 euros with ehu.Or carry on to san sebastion aire (free) and do a left there.Plenty of aires to choose from there but you can do the coast in a day from there.
Have a great time,we'll be down that way late august onwards

Pete and jan

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Not retired, just in our 50's.:)
Sites we are looking at stopping and sightseeing are , the list grows everytime we see something posted:D, But Alhambra, Toledo, Segovia, Merida are on our list. Hopefully finding aires or campsites enroute. With a few days on a beach location to relax.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We're heading off in that direction next month, and will submit more feedback during our trip, and on return to Blighty at the end of May, but for now, I would def recommend a trip to Montserrat, near Valencia. For those who don't know, it is an old monastery built high up in the mountains, and is well worth a visit..... The trip up to it on the train (funicular, I think?) is spectacular, and on arrival, you can't help but be impressed at how they managed to build such a structure in such an inaccessible location! And then there's the bells!!
If you intend to travel further south, another place well worthy of a visit, but for a completely different reason, is LA Azohia, near Cartagena..... On a scenic bay, not a lot going on, but really peaceful, and you can park on the beach watching the fishing boats and diving school boats come and go, and there are several pleasant little bars where you can get a cold beer!!
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks for all your recommendations much appreciated.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection