Wednesday, 29 May 2019
  0 Replies
  1.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
As you all know, I'm a bit of a tit, well I have well and truly proved that now.

A few months ago we ran out of gas, so I went to change the bottle but realised it wasn't empty, re attached the regulator and it worked again, so I didn't think any more about it.
In the meantime my wife has mentioned a couple of times the fridge not being very cold and the oven not working great, but she thought it might be ok and she wasn't sure.
Again I didn't think too much about it because she is always moaning about something.

Anyway this week we used up the rest of the bottle and I changed it for a new one and guess what still no gas, but the bottle was empty this time and the new one was definitely full.

So I changed the regulator and tried again.
My God what an instant difference, the fridge gets twice as cold the dinner takes half the time to cook and the kettle boils twice as fast!
Obviously the old regulator was blocked and had been slowly getting worse and worse each time, so slowly we didn't really notice it even though the present Mrs Kirby did notice something.

The annoying thing is I always carry a spare regulator anyway, so it was in the cupboard waiting.

So the moral of this little tale is always pay attention to the gas performance, carry spares and most importantly listen to the wife, even if she isn't certain about something, occasionally she is right!

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection