By magbrin on Thursday, 07 June 2012
Posted in Meets and Rallies
Replies 9
Likes 0
Views 6K
Votes 0
Hi, there
Anyone in the Highlands later this month?

Sorry for the short notice:

It’s just over 2 weeks to the Highland Gathering, so here’s a bit of detail to whet your appetites.

Remember everyone is welcome, and it’s FREE.

Dates: 22nd (Friday) – 25th (Monday) June
Venue: Brin Herb Nursery, near Inverness. IV2 6XD http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk

Numbers booked to date: 13 vans plus several provisional bookings.

Friday: Arrive any time – we will be about all day.
We will be having a couple of barbeques. (Please bring food (and drink) to share, and/or a donation of charcoal or wood to fuel the BBQs.)
There will be a trip to Loch Ness and Dores Inn for anyone interested. Let me know which you would prefer lunchtime or evening. Minibus available – charge for bus will depend on numbers – approx. £3.00 per person. Two trips may be necessary, and it would be helpful if we could have a couple more volunteers to drive the bus. For this I will need your licence details as soon as possible.
There will also be working party. Last meet we made a barbeque from an old washing machine. This year ……………….. any ideas???

Note – there are buses to Inverness and Whitebridge – remember to bring your bus pass if you have one!

If you can’t make this one the Mini meet is from 7th – 10th September
all the best and safe travels
Magbrin
Hi there Magbrin and welcome to the forum.

The Highland Meet sounds good and something we've fancied during for the last couple of years but never got around to it.

We would have considered this meet but we have a badly leaking shower (We've just got back from Spain/France today) so want to get that fixed before we set off on our travels again.

All the best

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sounds good weekend! Have looked at your web site and altho i am unable to come i know someone who might be in your area at the right time so will pass on info. It is good that these events are published on here especially as they are FREE Regards Hilary
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Last call :unsure:
17 vans booked. 4 forums represented.
Everyone welcome
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sorry Magbrin, it's just a wee bit short notice to get from Isle of Wight to Inverness? And anyway we're booked on a Caravan Club Rally this weekend. Have a great time. I love Highland Gatherings. The Isle of Wight had it's first ever Gathering last August. I played ukulele and keyboard and sang Scottish songs all day long in the drinks tent! It was such fun. Over 2500 people attended the event. I'm looking forward to doing the same again this year.

Inverness would be fun. I lived for a while in Balloch near Culloden Moor when I worked for Abbey National in the Highlands, based in Inverness. My youngest son was born there 30 years ago this year! Makes me feel old.

A return trip to the area would be fun.

Cheers

Mike & Rosie
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Next one is 7-10th September - our minimeet. Why not come to that and spend some time in the Highlands, then?
You make our gathering sound tiny - but then I am organising it, the shop etc are open AND we have family visiting :roll: it's going to be a busy weekend :woohoo:

All the best and safe travels
Margaret

PS Did you know a Linda when you worked at Abbey? Not sure when she started but she worked there til about 8-10 years ago?

Sorry Magbrin, it's just a wee bit short notice to get from Isle of Wight to Inverness? And anyway we're booked on a Caravan Club Rally this weekend. Have a great time. I love Highland Gatherings. The Isle of Wight had it's first ever Gathering last August. I played ukulele and keyboard and sang Scottish songs all day long in the drinks tent! It was such fun. Over 2500 people attended the event. I'm looking forward to doing the same again this year.

Inverness would be fun. I lived for a while in Balloch near Culloden Moor when I worked for Abbey National in the Highlands, based in Inverness. My youngest son was born there 30 years ago this year! Makes me feel old.

A return trip to the area would be fun.

Cheers

Mike & Rosie
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We'll definitely talk it over and see if we can fit it in alongside a visit to my dad in Aberdeen. I'll let you know. Thanks for the invite.

Mike
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I do believe I remember a Linda during my time there. Ian Somerville was the Branch Manager and my job was Highlands Development Manager with a brief to develop the Highlands for Abbey. One of our first projects was the launch of Abbey's first mobile branch which toured round the small towns and villages offering a local service for 20 minutes in each location once a week. It was fun, especially in winter! Maybe that's where my touring instincts got re-kindled!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Just changed our user name from cortijorosina to travellingukes.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mike and rosie just wondering if the august gathering you mentioned was anything to do with the steam railway as they have show towards the end of August. Like the new name by the way :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post