By WAUNWYLLT on Friday, 07 September 2012
Posted in UK touring
Replies 4
Likes 0
Views 1.7K
Votes 0
Hi there, I only registered with this club a few days ago and was wondering if another club member could recommend a site with a bus stop/rail link within easy access of the site.
Most of the time I travel alone with my Chausson Welcome 75 Motorhome which my late husband and myself purchased from new September 2009 - sadly the following August he suddenly passed away, but I continue to use my home on wheels.
I have stayed at a nice site in the village of Wool Dorset; Moreton in Marsh and Cenarth Falls South Wales.
Any suggestions will be gladly taken on board.
Kind regards - Mary
Hi there - are you a member of the CC or C&CC - we live near to the Peak District and use the Castleton CC site a lot. There is a bus stop outside to most places in the Peak District and a 20 minutes walk takes you to the train station at Hope where you can get a train to Sheffield or Manchester.

We are currently at the Chatsworth CC site and there is a bus stop at Baslow (15min walk) to all areas of the Peak District.

I know that the CC sites are a bit expensive but are usually friendly and well maintained.

Hats off to you for continuing to travel on your own - what sites do you usually use.

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi there
Thank you for replying, I have been a member of the C&CC & CC for many years as before we purchased our motorhome, Keith and I have done camping & caravanning. I have used their site in Pembrey which is very local and also Moreton in Marsh - the latter is the type of site I am looking for.
Thanks once again.
Mary
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
The C&CC site at Devizes has bus stops just a few hundred yards from the site.
Another site with bus stops virtually at its entrance is South Lytchett Manor near Poole. If you ever go across to the Isle of Wight the site at Whitefield Forest has bus stops nearby as well.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you very much for your useful tips - in fact I had forgotten about the Devizes site - my late husband and myself stayed there with our caravan a few years back.

I will make a note of the other sites.

Kind regards.

Mary
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·