By WAUNWYLLT on Saturday, 08 September 2012
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 10
Likes 0
Views 2.6K
Votes 0
Hi there

I am new to this club and would welcome any tips members have to give me.

I mainly take my motorhome away by myself since my husband passed away just after purchasing our Chausson Welcome 75 Motorhome. I live just outside Llanelli and was wondering if any members could recommend a site within walking distance of a village/town or on a main bus/railway route. I have stayed at a lovely site in the small village of Wool, Dorset, also Moreton on Marsh and one or two local ones, but I would welcome some recommendations.

Looking forward to hearing from other club members.

Thank you.

Mary
Welcome - and well done for carrying on Mary! We don't use many sites, though we are on one now at Porth in Cornwall; right by the beach and a bus ride into Newquay or Padstow. We are here with the Autotrail Club, and there might be something in it for you to join the Motorcaravan Club, the club for your marque of motorhome, or I believe there is a single persons club (which is not a 'solos' club).

Otherwise there's always the many facilities (District Association meets, Holiday sites etc, Certified locations as well as Club sites) provided by the Camping and Caravan Club

A bit of googling should find some leads if you decide to give this sort of thing a try.

Good luck and enjoy!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi there hblewelt - thank you for your tips, I have been a member of the CC&CC for many years as we originally have done camping & caravanning, also a member of the CC. But I will make enquiries about the Motorcaravan Club, etc.

Thank you once again.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
The C&CC has a motorcaravan section too. All the best with your travels
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you.

Mary
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mary
New here too well done you.
Never been on a campsite in last 5 years of traveling but have found many pretty pubs with big car parks some of these are in town or near to towns or on riverbanks etc and they are free! :roll:

Paul
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you Paul - how do you go about finding these pubs?

Kind regards.

Mary
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mary - if you go to the 'Magazine' section then Travel and you will find a comprehensive list of pub stopovers all around the UK.

Hope this helps - we've stopped at a few and always had a very warm welcome.

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I suppose I just drive along road if I see a nice one with decent car park I go in, but I always ask if its ok to stay in car park which I think is only polite, oh and threaten them with buying beer etc. I have never been refused yet in last 5/6 years.

Paul
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mary as mentioned by others Sue Britton runs <http://www.thephoenixcampingclub.co.uk/cms/about_us>
Has been doing so for a few years in our part of the world Plymouth ,and a nice site also Plymouth <Riverside campsite> just a short walk from bus routes and beside the river plym superstore close by for shopping ttfn jr
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you very much for getting back to me. I actually stayed at the Riverside Site a during August as my nephew is in the Navy and stationed in Gosport. I would certainly visit this site again because as you say it is very convenient for visiting other places.

Thank you once again.

Mary
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post