By bmh1946 on Sunday, 21 October 2012
Posted in Wild camping
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 4.1K
Votes 0
We are off to the Isle of Skye at the end of this week for a few days. Nothing is booked (as usual). Has anyone got any thoughts on where to stay. Our VW has the usual facilities, ie. bog in a bag etc., but who cares we are too old to start worrying now. Any recommendations gratefully received as I may need to give Jackie a couple of names to blame, as I have told her it may be nice weather and is a good idea for a trip. Thanks in advance.. Brian
Hi Brian,

Hope you have a great trip. We've never been to Skye in our motorhome so can't offer firsthand experience but I've had a dig around and have come up with the following:

If they are closed due to the time of year apparently its OK to stay free?

And also:

I imagine that plain wildcamping will be fine at this time of year but the sites could be a good base to work out the area from :thumbs: .
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks very much for the site details I will let you know how we get on. Best Wishes. B & J
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I was having a look around for some possible wildcamping spots using Google Maps etc and found a few but also many 'No Overnight Parking' signs

However I also came across some information that claims that these should all be officially removed by now!

Do please let us know how you get on.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Will watch out for the signs, or lack of, and let you know. Thanks
Regards B & J
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Good digging Neil. I'm sure that the Welsh ones and the English are probably not compliant with the relevant legislation. I particularly liked the reference to the fact that they were erected in the 90s in response to an appeal from Councillors to support local businesses and encourage the use of official camp sites. Good old local councilors they do like to keep a few fingers in the pies.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post