Tuesday, 23 October 2012
  1 Replies
  2.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi all !
I’m planning a winter trip to Spain after the mayhem of Christmas (Humbug !).
Last January most of France was freezing and Spanish temperatures only began to improve approaching Alicante. Eventually I reached Marbella and really enjoyed myself, that is until the processional pine caterpillars hatched out and the rashes began.
So this next year I plan to go no further south than Nerja. Could anyone recommend any Spanish coastal campsites that have impressed them in the past whilst seeking out some winter sun. (ACSI or Campinging Cheques a preference). I intend to spend 6 weeks on the coast before that long journey home.
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there and :welcome1: to the forum.

We usually stay at Calpe (just north of Benidorm). It's a nice little coastal town. There is an Aire there that only opened last year. We stay there and also at the Calpemar campsite.

We've been there in February & the weather has been ok. We will be down there next March/April.

Thanks for the reminder about the caterpillars.

Chris
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection