By sooty10 on Monday, 27 June 2011
Replies 8
Likes 0
Views 3.8K
Votes 0
Anyone wishing to download the aires in France for a sat nav, look at this page
http://www.icampingcar.fr/

It is free to register and they will send you a download to you email address.

Keith
thats a good link,just downloaded the garmin poi for my nuvi,great stuff thanks a lot,pete
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks also pointed in this direction via pete downloaded from given site for My Navpix just installed and tested and it does what it says on the tin :thumbs: :thumbs: Sorted now how do you download some sunshine :silly:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
just noticed that as well as a list for sat navs there is one for autoroute,comes as a zip file with a .axe file this opens up autoroute or mappoint with 2168 aires ...very handy,thanks again pete :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
just noticed that as well as a list for sat navs there is one for autoroute,comes as a zip file with a .axe file this opens up autoroute or mappoint with 2168 aires ...very handy,thanks again pete :thumbs:

Did you try to download and open this .axe file? It seems like it's been entered as a continuous route of all 2168 aires. The only info on each aire is a number from 1 to 2168. I seem to remember encountering this before from them and downloaded the CSV file in the end.
If you want a really good Autoroute file with 2011 ACSI, Boardatlas and camping car. Look in our own downloads section!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi,yes i downloaded the .axe file and it opens up as a continuous route.i use mappoint 2011 and autoroute 2010 so was able to open my intended route and this at the same time.if you hold your mouse pointer over any interesting looking aires you can get the coordinates,bottom right,and look at them in google maps if you,re lucky,also in route planner you,ll see the address.I,ve now downloaded the autoroute boardatlas file and found thats great as well thanks for pointing this out,also grabbed the mcdonalds ,just in case.But apart from that I still like a road atlas as thats what came first,I use the AA big easy read France.cheers
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Came across this one yesterday and it has a few photos linked as well as splitting them into municipals/farming/Parking etc. Link to airecampingcar It does have a selection of different co-ordinates to suit most sat navs and the ones I checked out with google maps were spot on.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
had a quick look at this,well worth a look.
did a google translate on the vineyard stopover info to the right of orleans Ferme De La Maltournee .
"pas top cette air en plus il y à des rats dans les poulaillés,et le proprio pas aimables,je vous le déconseille"translates as "not top the air over there to rats in chicken coops, and the owner not friendly, I'd advise against".
I,d say thats very good information :-)
cheers pete
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
As you say Pete good info although they do say you should ignore the worst and best reviews when using these holiday review sites.
What a shame it is that it is not possible to hoover up on mass some of the information from these sites that have such a lot on-line so that you can make use of it when on the move without having to be hooked into the internet.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post