By C7KEN on Thursday, 30 June 2011
Replies 46
Likes 0
Views 8.8K
Votes 0
I have another motorhome meet planned for Spain starting April 16th 2012 at either Denia or Calpe, The meet in April this year was very sucessfull as Neil can verify,. So all members of Club Motorhome are welcome to join us in 2012. Its in a Super Aire cost €10 per day incl Electric and WiFi with hot 8 minute shower for €1. If anyone is interested I will post more info on here.
See you all at Denia :P
I'm setting off on Good Friday for a slow meander down B)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Well, time's getting on! We'll be crossing via Eurotunnel on Sunday 18th March and meandering south searching out some more stopovers to list on the way to the meet.

Will be keeping our eyes open for other UK motorhomes en-route.

If you see a Bel-Air, sign-written with Club Motorhome logos, come and say Hi!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
My route commencing St Malo Saturday morning
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi look forward to meeting you all at either Denia or Calpe. We only live 1.5hrs away from Denia so not too far to travel.Hope you all have a safe & enjoyable drive down to Spain. cya Bill & Pat
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Just reserved ahead as we'll be there on the 13th :woohoo:

See you soon!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil
Jenny and I will be there from the 12th next thursday so we will be there to see you in
Ken
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Ken, look forward to seeing you both then
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Well the meet has got off to a good start thanks to the excellent organisation skills of C7KEN!

Yesterday was the first official day and Ken held a welcome meeting to elaborate on his plans ( at the local bar :woohoo: ). He's got plans for a cycle ride to show new visitors the local facilities and a ride into Denia.

We got off to a flying start with a raffle that we are holding to contribute to our chosen charity Asthma UK with over 90€ raised so far - A BIG thank you to all that have bought tickets. The draw will be on the Paella Day which if I remember rightly is Saturday. The prizes being: 2 Club Motorhome Tee shirts, A Club Motorhome baseball cap, A £5, 2 x £10 and a £30 memership vouchers . (If you are not at the rally but would like to help by donating we have a donation button on the front page of the website)

But its not all busy, busy, busy - The beach is only a short walk away...

There are maybe 40+ plus vans here and its been lovely to meet up with friends old and new. The vans attending are from Motoroamers and Facts as well as us. We have 2 vans attending but about 5 other members who are on the other attendance lists.

The Club Motorhome contingent.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
This afternoon most took part in games of petanca

Organised by our leader C7KEN

While some took it very seriously

Some just relaxed......

Taking the photos today I have realised that we have our own Clint Eastwood lookalike! :blink:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
i neil,
great pics, lovely action shots,pity there wasnt much action ha ha,digger and keith look relaxed. good day all round.

tom
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
A reasonably quiet day today with just a continuation of the petanca match this afternoon. But, this evening was the first night of C7KEN's planned entertainment and we were all treated to a great evening! An excellent meal with wine for a bargain 8.50€ followed by 'Woody' our singer for the night - and he was superb! If anyone didn't enjoy this evening I would definitely get Ken to give them their money back!!

Woody the entertainer

Ken thought it was quite good too!

Fantastic evening Ken - thank you for organising it B)

I'm pretty sure BillGA and his wife Pat had a good evening too.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
What was the raffle result, was it drawn before we left?
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Andy,

Sorry you left before the draw which was after the giant paella! But thank you for your contribution, we raised 132€ by the end so its a great result for Asthma UK.

And... a HUGE thank you to all the very kind folks who also contributed towards that amaount.

Safe travels and hope to catch up again soon.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
great week at denia neil, well done to ken and jenny for the organising, bela luna are great,but we preferred woody. hope calpe is as good, it is up to now.katy sends a big kiss to digger.

tom
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Tom, I'll tell Digger! :blink:

Couldn't agree more about the organising - Ken and Jenny have worked tirelessly to make everyone's trip brilliant.

Not sure which Aire we prefer at this stage, they're both very different and we have the rest of the week to make our minds up! :woohoo:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
On my route to the meet
Morella aire FREE

Gallery
http://techno.smugmug.com/Travel/Morella-SPAIN/22694266_fsS2jK#!i=1818738059&k=ZRJS6sM

From the aire itself I picked up 4 Morella free wifi spots using one of these same as a facultyX but much cheaper
Motorhome WiFi | Improving Wireless Range for Caravans and Campervans
From the top car park non of the free wifi is visible due to the adjacent walls/castle etc

·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Andy, glad you got back Ok!

We've had Morella listed for a couple of years now its a great Aire

Morella Aire

The free wifi from the town is a great bonus B)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Cheers Neil
We actually spent the night up at the town's municiple car park (approval from tourist info office) but cant get wifi up there
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Well, the meet is over and its been terrific!

Ken (C7KEN) and Jenny did a truly amazing job with the organising and its pretty safe to say that everyone thoroughly enjoyed the 2 weeks.

Lovely to meet up with old friends and we've made some great new ones too .

So Ken and Jenny, thank you both so much for everything we really appreciated all your efforts. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Rita and I are currently at Toulouse, but I have to say that neither of us feels 100%. The paracetamol seem to be doing the business for me, but both of us are absolutely shattered, with the need to grab forty winks when possible.

Today, we were pulled over and searched by the Gendarmes at the Toulouse Peage. I gave them a right ticking off for having the audacity to bother "us", and soon they were begging us to leave. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Seriously, they were polite, respectful, and appreciated cooperation. Not one of them enquired about Hi Vis vests, Warning Triangles, First Aid Kit, Spare Bulb Kit, TomTom Speed camera Warnings, etc, etc. However, they did comment on the "ECOSSE" and "CYMRU" stickers on then rear bumper. perhaps they didn't see the GB sticker on the rear window. :laugh:
They asked if we had tobacco, and I showed them a clean ashtray. They checked the garage, and a few overhead lockers with "nothing found", and wished us a safe journey, after establishing where we had been, and where we were going.

Cheers for now,

Jock.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We discovered our clean ashtray is good for borne jettons and supermarket trolley tokens :-)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi , Pat & I would like to thank Ken & Jenny for a great 2 weeks ,it must have been hard work & much time spent planning.But it was all worth it,thanks Ken & Jenny .
Also a big thanks to all the people who attended & made us welcome .As it was our first 2 weeks period & I needed Pat to really get into Motorhoming so we can explore more of Europe,thanks to everyone it worked to plan & I am sure we can now start to tour Spain & France in the future.
It couldn't have been better , A special thanks to Neil & Caroline who my first was with on Clubmotorhome.com . Really a big thanks for everything . We hope to meet everyone again either at the next meet in Spain or out & about where ever we might bump into you, not virtually !!
We learnt quite a few things whilst we were there & will be keen to learn from other peoples tips.
Safe journey home all & Jock & Rita hope you are both starting to feel much better . Best wishes to all Bill ,Pat & Cindy
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Yes - big thanks to Ken & Jenny. Our second rally in Spain & have met some really lovely people - all like minded with very good senses of humour.

Chris & Graham & archie
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Archie says click my pic to go large
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Archie says click my pic to go large

No disrespect to Archie's owners, (Chris & Graham) but although full of character, Archie has to be the nearest thing to a "Grumpy Old Man, I have ever seen in a dog. :laugh:

Best regards,

Jock.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Well = Andy (Techno) can I say what an excellent picture of little Archie Boy. Its his best yet.

Jock - We are very upset by your comments - only kidding. Unfortunately we have to agree with you. Even at Christmas this year he looked a bit 'grumpy'
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Chris
If you select his picture here and then hover your mouse cursor over him you can download it by clicking on the folder icon
Archie
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Andy - its a lovely photo
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Damn, we start work back in the UK in April so canna make this
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Ken, please keep us informed of your plans!

I've used some of your wording to print an introductory article here

Thanks for including Club Motorhome in your plans :cheer:

Some photos from the 2011 informal meet:

And after a very busy week of keeping everyone happy this is Ken...

:P
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Damn, we start work back in the UK in April so canna make this

Sorry you can't make this Steve, you Lorna and Jack would love it B) .
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Looks like this might be our first MH experience after almost certainly having to spend the entire winter in the UK - looking forward to it already!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Looking forward to meeting up again Neil. Lets hope it is as good as this years meet. Certainly Ken is working hard enough to make it a huge success,

Keith (sooty)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Keith (Sooty)
It will be better than this years event. Wait till you see the other entertainer I have booked for the next one.
Ken
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ken,

Just to confirm that we (neilmac & caromac - oh, and Digger) will be attending

Maybe both the weeks if you end up doing a 2 centre event.

I think you may have a lot of enquiries on your hands so if anyone else wants to join in with this meet up in spain - you'd better get your names down soon! :cheer:

Looking forward to it already - thanks Ken
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Ken Pat & I are new members & luckily we live only a good hours drive from Calpe,so look forward to hearing more information about the meet & hopefully meet you there . regards Bill & Pat
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Bill and Pat
This meet is now full but always some people cant make it as it gets nearer the time so I have a reserve list and have added your names to it. I need a contact email address from you and then I can make sure to keep you informed and give you links to photos etc.. It will be over two weeks one in Denia and the second week in Calpe. Most of the people who attended the meet in 2011 are returning for 2012 but I have increased the numbers for 2012 from 30 vans to 45 vans. Are you living in Spain?
regards ken
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Ken ,thanks for your reply. Yes we live here in Spain in Gran Alacant. My email address removed to protect privacy. regards Bill
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Bill, I've PMd your details to Ken for you rather than leave them on a public forum, hope that's ok?
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neilk many thanks for that.In future is there a better way I can do it ? please. regards Bill
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Bill, no problem

You can send a private message to another member by clicking in the little icon below their user details on their forum post, just hover your mouse over them and a little label will come up to confirm which one.

Clicking on the icon takes you to a screen where you can type your message and send it - you can also tick a little box that will send a copy to yourself.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil thanks for that, should have gone to spcksavers, looking in the wrong area . regards Bill
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We are absolutely delighted that Bill & Pat (BillGA) are now able to attend this meeting with a confirmed space

So that's 2 official entries from Club Motorhome plus some other CM members are attending on other clubs' attendees lists.

With Ken's excellent planning this is going to be a fantastic couple of weeks! B)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Pity did not see the Meet details until today, ( only renewed yesterday)
Unfortunately we will be on the way back from Spain, leaving 10th April having traveled down (all being well) on the 11th March. Perhaps next time if there is one.
Doug
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Doug,

That's a shame as its been posted on here since about June last year :whistle:

Have a great trip to Spain anyway and hopefully C7KEN will run the event again.

One bit of good news though.... your renewal yesterday qualified you for an extra 12 months free with our 'Buy One Get One Free' offer
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Neil, that's a nice bonus, will log on more often to see what's on the site.
Doug
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post