Friday, 07 June 2013
  4 Replies
  2.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi, we are just about to set off on our first trip in our, new to us, motorhome, (Burstner Nexxo T660). We popped out last night having loaded pots, pans and other necessary items and checked for rattles etc and called in at the local filling station for fuel and a tyre pressure check. Fuelled-up ok, however and perhaps naively, I was surprised that the tyre inflator was not up to the job of checking my tyres 5 and 5.5 bar, the max the machine would go to was 60 psi about 10 to 15 psi short of what I required. My question is, what do others do for high tyre pressures. I have taken advice and will be buying my own compressor which can deliver up to 100 psi and costs just under £100. The answers of the more experienced members may be of help to other new members.

Cheers all; hope the weather stays fine!
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks all for your posts. We set off and stopped in at a service station just off the M5 at Tewkesbury which I had been told had a truck area. It did, and had an air compressor capable of 140 psi, so was able to get the correct pressures all round. The only down side was that extending the air hose to the maximum I managed to get a great amount of black grease allover my hand just at the point I was asked by a 'trucker' if I was going to be long as he wanted through!

We had a very good trip, stopping first at the Tebay caravan site, then on to Aberfeldy and Crieff in Perthshire where I am originally from. The van went well and we felt at home straight away; so here's to many more trips away.

Thanks again,

Paul
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection