By mrsconstable1 on Sunday, 09 June 2013
Posted in Beginners
Replies 9
Likes 0
Views 2.4K
Votes 0
A note to say hello to fellow club motorhome members.
We are Peter and Marcia and joined about a month ago. We've bought an Elddis Express and intend to venture out next week to Kent and Sussex in preparation for a trip to Spa for the Belgian Grand Prix in August.
We're new to motorhomes. I just turned on the fridge for the first time after hooking up to 240v power. Now it's fill the water, check the tyres and engine fluids, then shoot down to the shops to get some bedding and cups etc in readiness for food (assuming the fridge is working).
We live near Loughborough so it's a reasonable first trip.
A very warm :welcome4: to the forum - I can remember our first trip 5 years ago and I still enjoy all the preparation that goes into every trip.

There are a couple of Grand Prix enthusiasts ( if that's the right description) on here who will be very envious of your trip to Belgium so please keep us updated with your plans, feel free to post some photo's.

Happy motorhoming

Chris
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Welcome,bring some warm clothes not that warm here in Sussex.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Welcome aboard Peter and Marcia, Do not forget to try things out on Gas as well and be aware that our UK bottles are not able to be filled or exchanged in France/Belgium so make sure you have a full cylinder. The weather should be great and Alonso may well be closer to Vetel by then so two great champions to enjoy. My money is on Vetel, he just drove that Red Bull like it was out for a Sunday afternoon drive, wait a minute, he was out for a Sunday afternoon drive. Enjoy your trips.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
we'll try and keep foruming - it's another new challenge

Peter
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know their gas cylinders aren't the same. I'll get a new one for the journey.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Try to get Propane,better for winter,Don't buy at Motor home dealers or Caravan supplier,Much cheaper at Garden centers or Diy stores local not multiples have paid £6.00 less ,If possible depending on size of bottles required get Calor light less weight .
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for the info. Can a novice work out what's left in a cylinder by its weight?
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for the info. Can a novice work out what's left in a cylinder by its weight?

Hi Peter and Marcia and :welcome1:

You can check by weight. The cylinder should have an 'empty' weight stamped on it, then every kg on top of that equals roughly 2 litres.

BTW, thank you very much for the stopover submission :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for that. It'll be very useful to know the contents.

Peter
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post