Wednesday, 07 August 2013
  1 Replies
  2.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi
I'm new here!
I will shortly be taking delivery of a new Bolero 682FB and could do with a simple explanation of the electrical system, what I can and cannot use - appliance wise. I'm guessing there's no problem when hooked up to a 240v supply but what about when I'm just using the battery?
For example I have some portable speakers which use a 240 - 13v transformer - will I be able to use these if the battery is just 12v?
Any guidance much appreciated.
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello and welcome to Club Motorhome. :welcome1: As to your query if I understand correctly the speakers use a 240-13v step down transformer therefore they will work on EHU via a mains outlet socket, but not from a 12v battery unless you use an invertor to provide the 240volt input so that it can be transformed down to 13volts.

Remember also that your 12v battery will only give DC (direct current) whereas the transformer will supply AC (alternating current) unless there is a rectifier incorporated into the tranformer unit on the output side between the secondary winding and the connecting plug
Best regards
Phil
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection