Thursday, 15 August 2013
  2 Replies
  1.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
In general, is TV reception fairly naff in motorhomes. Our Bessie has a small built in freeview TV. We've fired it up and raised the aerial but there was no signal what so ever. We do live in a semi-rural area so I'm hoping it is just this and once we get out and about it will be ok. I've got vivid memories of my Dad half hanging out the caravan window in the pouring rain trying to get a signal on an old 12v black & white TV, but I'd hoped things might have progressed a little in the past 35 years.

And before anyone chirps up that I shouldn't be watching TV, Himself is an avid F1 fan and can't be more than three feet from a TV when a race is on. Well that's my story any way :laugh:

[color=#884400][/color] Duch! x
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Duchess,

We too use a Freeview TV, our aerial is a Status 530 with a booster which is directional so has to be pointed the right way...

In each different location we have to put the TV through a retune process which usually results in loads of channels.

Reception is mostly excellent although we have been deep in a forest in Norfolk for the last month and the picture pixleates a lot according to atmospherics :roll:

So you should get a reasonable reception if everything is working properly :thumbs:

We also have the same as Neil and rarely have a problem. It is important to retune at each location and ensure the aerial points in the right direction. Fortunately we have a satellite backup.

Barry
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection