By hotel magnum on Friday, 23 August 2013
Replies 13
Likes 2
Views 6.3K
Votes 0
does anyone know of a travel insurance company that will insure a heart attack victim,
does anyone know of a travel insurance company that will insure a heart attack victim,

Hi
I think you will find that there are a number of companies that will insure a heart attack victim as I have found. However it pays to look around to get competitive quotes with also full cover. Last year we had yearly cover with Staysure that but found that this year it was cheaper to get cover for duration of trips. Got cover with Holiday Extras Ltd (Mapfre Assistance)but will look again on the web for next trip.

Barry

Barry
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
thank you for that I will try them. alan
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Can anyone suggest where I can get personal travel insurance for myself and my husband for our winter trip in our motor home to Spain and France? We will be away for 5 months and we need winter sports cover for about one month. I am 57 and my husband is 61. I am struggling to find a policy at a reasonable price.
Would be very grateful of any ideas
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi we have gone with Staysure this year if you go on line you can get a quote we found them very good tc
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks very much. Best quote so far so I think I will use them.
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi we have gone with Staysure this year if you go on line you can get a quote we found them very good tc

Yes, we have also used Staysure, for three years now; I'd recommend them. We had to make a claim for dental treatment and they paid out really quickly :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi,
I might be teaching folk to suck eggs, but don't forget to check your house insurance company will allow or cover you to be away for more than 30 days.
If you go have a great time and safe journey.
Kontiki 645
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you yes mad if you ask me we sold our house 2 years or so ago and house share at my sons place so we are ok but that was a factor in selling our place
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi,
I might be teaching folk to suck eggs, but don't forget to check your house insurance company will allow or cover you to be away for more than 30 days.
If you go have a great time and safe journey.
Kontiki 645

Yes, you're quite right, we have actually done some house-sitting for people so their insurance is not invalidated... it's also quite a good way to take a break from travelling and get some free accomodation too! :P
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for that. We had to change our house insurer last year for just that reason. Went with the Caravan and Camping Club as they cover long stays without conditions. Also had to hunt for motor bike insurance cover for 365 days in Europe. Eventually went with Carole Nash (at a price). This insurance business takes up a lot of time and gives me some anxiety I have to say.
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
If you have home insurance, have check what it covers. mine cover almost everything.
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Re House Insurance

I have been with the same Insurer for about 15 years because they were supposed to give a good deal to the over 55s and allow you to be absent from your house for 60 days. The Insurance was always renewed automatically and the payment for the year taken by direct debit from the bank i.e. one single payment.

This year, some bright spark in the hierarchy of the broker decided that everyone must sign an EU regulated credit agreement and return it to the Company (no return envelope provided) even though I normally pay the whole invoice in one payment. In my case as the payment was to be one, for the year, the Interest given was 0% with 0% APR. I was outraged by this and immediately cancelled the renewal. The agent who dealt with me indicated that I was not alone in taking this position. When I asked why they were doing this, the agent advised that it was a Insurance regulator requirement. It is not of course and I when I challenged this statement, I was told that that is what they were instructed to say.

Seeing the Caravan Club advertisement in their magazine where one is advised that you can be away for 3 months touring, I decided to get a quote from them, which turned out to be very reasonable and about £60/- cheaper than my previous renewal quote. I decided to accept that and was amused to discover that the Caravan Club Broker was using the same Insurance Company that was being used by my previous Broker.

As soon as I paid the money I received the new Policy Document and my individual Policy. Nowhere could I find any reference to this 90 days that I could be absent from the house. It stated that I could be away for only 30 days. It pays to read the small print!

I contacted the Caravan Club Broker immediately via Email and received the response that they had sent the wrong schedule to me and attached a revised correct schedule which included the 90 day clause.

My old Dad always used to say that a Bookie was an honest man compared to an Insurance Company, as a Bookie did not normally welsh on his bets. As the original documents formed the basis of the Contract with the Insurance Company, I wouldn't mind betting that they would have held me to the 30 day clause if I had gone over that time and needed to make a claim.

The point of this long ramble is don't assume you are getting what is advertised - Check the small print!

Tony.
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I have leukaemia (and other issues). We found this lot were prepared to cover us annually, Worldwide ex North America and Carribean. Not particularly cheap but with pre existing medical conditions many refuse to quote at all!

https://www.avantitravelinsurance.co.uk/

.... and whatever you do don't rely on your Bank's "Free Travel Insurance for customers". We found it useless (Nationwide). Not prepared to consider pre existing medical conditions unless they were minor
·
7 years ago
·
2 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post