By manclad on Saturday, 05 October 2013
Posted in Beginners
Replies 2
Likes 0
Views 2.4K
Votes 0
Hi My names Glyn,from Manchester I'm 54 Just bought a lunar New star 58 :thumbs: Hopefully will be setting off beginning Nov,down to the Algarve!and then into Spain in Feb. Not sure to drive through Spain or just meander down through the west coastal route?
Do all appliances need to be 12v or will a converter suffice?
Solar panels or gennie?
I've got loads more things to ask :woohoo: i'm so excited and so is my Partner :cheer:
Welcome..
Remember it gets cold in France and North Spain so you may not be hanging about to much. North of Madrid can have snow..

The more things 12v the better as they then run direct off battery, however small items run off an inverter (12v to 240v mains) wont really hurt that much...Depends how much battery power you have..
Solar panels can be done DIY and really cheap, 80w kit on ebay about £120 ish.. Fit and forget really.
Gennie... The pet hate of many motorhomers but for some they are essential if using medical equipment or staying in the van long term over winter and not in a sunny climate..
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you Tonka! Thats a great help i'm probably going to stay on a site in the Algarve for dec& jan so it's the journey down which i can't my my mind up over, :blink:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post