By Frank60 on Saturday, 23 November 2013
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 7
Likes 0
Views 2.9K
Votes 0
Thinking of up grading SAT NAV to a Snooper S5450 CC 5 inch or maybe 7 inch model.Has anyone out there got one ,what do think please.
:thumbs: Hi I have a Snooper 6400 and it was without doubt the best investment made so far. With its weight, length and height for m/homes its kept me from narrow roads and dead ends both here in the UK and over the water, France, Germany, Belgium and Holland. Its best if you get the 'for life' mapping bundle.
Regards.
Kontiki645
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Treated ourselves to the 7inch Garmin with traffic updates and safety areas (cameras) in France. Really impressed with it.
The safety area feature is Garmins way of getting around the camera poi problem over here It seems, as it doesn't exactly pinpoint the camera, but it does let you know when close, and past the things!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
DeltaD, glad to hear that you are sorted. :thumbs:

Does your new Garmin allow you to enter your own POIs, ie, Aires and Stelplatz, and does it allow you to enter vehicle weights and dimensions?

Cheers for now,

Jock.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
:thumbs: Its best if you get the 'for life' mapping bundle.
Regards.
Kontiki645

I got caught out with this as 'for life' simply meant as long as Garmin chose to support the device. In my case, a Garmin Nuvi, which works perfectly was supported for just over 2 years. After that free lifetime mapping was lost as was free traffic information which was also 'for life'
Arthur
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi there. Yes it does, and added to that, all the aires appear on the screen. We found aires near us here in central France close to home that previously we knew nothing about. It also has Bluetooth for the phone with extra loud speaker volume. Really impressed with it! But most units are good these days. Hope that helps!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi there. Yes it does, and added to that, all the aires appear on the screen. We found aires near us here in central France close to home that previously we knew nothing about. It also has Bluetooth for the phone with extra loud speaker volume. Really impressed with it! But most units are good these days. Hope that helps!

Thanks for that. :thumbs:

What model is it please? There appears to be a few 7" Garmins available.

Cheers,

Jock.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Jock. It's the, Garmin dezl 760 LMT