By cookie on Friday, 28 February 2014
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 8
Likes 0
Views 1.8K
Votes 0
Hi all I am new to this motorhoming lark that is except for the Acres the bakers bread van that I converted about 40 years ago. I thought that it was great but the wife was a bit toffee nosed and wanted to stay in an hotel instead. Fortunately I have now upgraded to a superior model (wife that is) who is up for a bit of wild camping so I have bought a 1995 Transit motorhome. Inside It looks like an Auto sleeper but over the windscreen it says "Avonway" does anyone know who did the conversion on this van?
Hi cookie and :welcome4: to the site,Havent heard of the Avonway but sounds like its a good enough conversion to put a name on it I did a "conversion" on an old bakers van about that time also,It was ex mothers pride with a perkins4/108 engine,needed an oil change every 1000 miles or it went like treacle..
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi mid4did
Thanks for the warm welcome and ok about the Mothers pride van It sounds a bit like the ford pop that I had that used more oil than petrol.Did you get much use from it? I was really lucky with the Acres van as I managed to buy the complete interior of a transit autohome and transplanted it into the Acres van. I must have been Sunblessed. I was hoping to find out a bit about the Avonway satisfy my curiosity. I have seen a vw and a renault with the same Avonway brand but I am still no nearer to discovering who built it, anyway I will be giving it a run to Seaford tomorrow and checking everything out before I go on site.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi cookie and :welcome2:

How about posting somes pictures on here? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious to see the machine :thumbs:

Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from the Avonway, I did a quick search about it but only came up with mentions of a Renault version so good luck with your own research.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil
I have been trying to reply to your message but my laptop has gone mad. I am now on tablet but connection is painfully slow despite the fact that I am using fibre optic broadband. Anyway I have found some info on the Avonway on the numberplate it seems they were called Avonway convertions and when I checked the phone number it appears that it is at an airfield industrial estate in Evesham and is now being used by some sort of VW dealer. Took a look at your van and it looks the business but I will need to win the lotto before I can put my order in.
Cheers for now
cookie
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Good bit of detective work cookie :thumbs: