By davejane on Tuesday, 28 October 2014
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 2.9K
Votes 0
hi everyone dave here, I joined a while back but just got the nerve to post, :silly: . my wife and I have not yet got a motorhome but hoping to get one in the next few months we are going to get a 4-6 berth model in the cheaper older section to see if we get hooked or not. we want a biggish one so we have plenty of room to move about in. so hopefully we may be posting regularly .
Hi and a big :welcome4:

Good luck with the search - it is fun. We had a change this year and kind of knew what we wanted so didn't get the chance for a good look round.

When we bought our first one we had not a clue except for two 'must haves' these being a bed that we did not have to make up and a 'proper' (i.e. not a wet room) bathroom. We got both although had to up the budget. We lasted five lovely years with 'Trevor'. Now we are learning to love 'Carlos'.

Enjoy your search and subsequent travels!

Caro
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi and big :welcome1: from me as well.
I,ve just about sold ours and the plan is to buy again next year.we,ve looked around locally to get a first hand feel for what we want and online at various sites home and abroad also.Going bigger also to get a fixed bed and a lot more legroom than our 5.6m dethlefs.good luck in buying your first one and hope you get many happy times in it.
Pete N Jan
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Dave
Welcome and best wishes with your search. We bought a 6 berth initially about 6 years ago but downsized to a 3 berth a couple of years ago. I'm typing this from Camping Alpenbrick close to Lake Thun at Interlaken in our MH after spending the day up the Schilthorn mountain. Looking forward to a leisurely return through France and this is the sort of thing you can look forward to when you get yours

regards

Barry
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
As Carol says make a list of must haves for your prospective purchase and justify all of them. We are personally fans of Low Line coach build two berths with a garage area for essential storage. Some opt for overcabs but it is like towing a parachute behind you in terms of fuel economy. The other essential to buying second hand is a damp report, most other things can be fixed quite easily but wet in the roof and sides is Expensive with a capital E.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
thanks all,,, mr2,,we are hoping to do some of that but am a bit nervous about driving on other side of the road , never tried it YET but I have to give it a try :huh: , ,,,,,,, traveller ha5, yes we will be checking for damp I intend on buying a damp meter you can get some good ones on ebay then I can check it regularly during the year thanks for all the advise, :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post