By edpick on Saturday, 29 November 2014
Posted in Health and Fitness
Replies 4
Likes 0
Views 4.4K
Votes 0
Can anybody help in the question of getting my wife's INR checked for her warfrin dosage, while on the road in Spain Portugal thanks
I have a friend who spent a few months at her holiday home. I recall her saying she simply went to the local health centre with her 'yellow'? book. I can't remember the exact details so I will email her and see if she can give me more info. I am certain that someone else will come along who has recently experienced this issue. I am sure it was a fairly simple process. I will get back if I can find out more.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I have a friend who spent a few months at her holiday home. I recall her saying she simply went to the local health centre with her 'yellow'? book. I can't remember the exact details so I will email her and see if she can give me more info. I am certain that someone else will come along who has recently experienced this issue. I am sure it was a fairly simple process. I will get back if I can find out more.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ha ha just notice I posted in duplicate. Haven't got an answer from my friend but did find this which looks up to date?
http://www.anticoagulationeurope.org/files/files/booklets/Getting%20an%20INR%20test%20abroad.pdf

hope it is of some help......
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I had same problem last year with trip to Morocco. Dr. changed me to one of the newer drugs Pradaxa, no testing needed just costs health service more so need to stress difficulty with Spanish Health service reciprocal agreement I would think.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post