By clewless on Friday, 16 January 2015
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 8
Likes 0
Views 2.4K
Votes 0
Hi All
Just subscribed to a full member & thought we'd say hi.

Owning a camper-van is a new experience to us and reading the blogs & forums, we can see we have a lot to learn. We have only just taken delivery of our VW transporter and it is going to be converted in February. Then a few short uk trips to sort things out and see what we have forgotten, then we are off to the Italian Lakes.

If you see a (hopefully) smart silver VW hightop around with maybe somewhat 'iffy' guitar music coming from it. then it's probably us. Please come over and say hello & have a drink. Even if you can't sing, you'd be most welcome! B)

You are most likely to find us near water, especially if there is a wind blowing.

Richard & Janet
Hi richard and Janet
A big :welcome4: to the clubmotorhome site ,its not as daunting as it looks and of course you have a plan already,sounds good to me ,our kids are always saying they dont want anything just enjoy it while we can ,we always try to give them what they want :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
:welcome1: clewless.

Sounds like exciting times for you!

Look forward to hearing of your progress and adventures :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
:welcome1: to both the club and the forum, You join a long line of VDub owners who like to Wind and latterly Kite surf. Hope you get to all of the great beaches and enjoy the Wind as only one can with a Board or a Kite.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Richard and Janet and welcome

You may also hear some iffy (dodgy) guitar sounds coming from our van. Yes there is a lot to learn and that is part of the fun of owning a van. That said, I do get frustrated when all I read in the magazines is that you should do this, don't park (sleep) there, weigh this and plan that. By all means stay within in the law (most of the time) but just enjoy the moment and don't worry that you might be doing the wrong thing. For us, it is the freedom from conformity and the chance to live on the edge for a while that makes campervan / motorhoming attractive. It sounds like you sail or surf so living on the edge is something you relish!

Best wishes

Spinner :welcome1:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi spinner
Yes, I windsurf, and as I get older, I sometimes think I am about to fall over the edge. But so far, there has always been someone on hand to rescue me.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
B) It's not until you try windsurfing the guitar that you get near the edge. That is what you call a sinker and not easy to strum with your big toe when your in the straps. B) :kiss: peace man.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
That's a thought. I might try that. It couldn't make either my windsurfing or guitar playing much worse. I knew I'd being doing something wrong all these years. :unsure:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Enjoy. If you happen to see a uk reg roller team come over and have a beer or glass of wine
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post