By Stringa on Thursday, 19 March 2015
Posted in Beginners
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 2.5K
Votes 0
Hi
As most of you will see ive just joined this club and I hope to make the most of it all.
Just a couple of things im not sure about .........any help will be great.
When I type in motorhome club, my McAfee tells me it is a dodgy site I don't know why......please tell me this is a good clean site, and upon joining this club I was led to believe it will help me with a bit of discount here and there.........but nobody knows who I am, do I get some sort of badge or something for others to see. I paid the full £60 for this membership.

Thanks
stringa
Hi Stringa, and :welcome1:

I can assure you there is nothing dodgy about this site. McAfee are notorious for aggressively flagging sites up - I can imagine it makes their software look very good, or maybe I'm just being cynical

Seriously though, please ask them why they have flagged it up, I would love to know.

As a full member you are entitled to a membership number which you would normally ask me for. I will email it to you. This number can be used when asking for discount on your insurance etc. Should they wish confirm your status I am happy for them to contact me.

When using our pub-type stopovers you should really display our downloadable windscreen disc. The owners' of the businesses know of these and will be reassured that you are indeed a member and understand our guidelines for usage.

Please take some time to move around the website but don't hesitate to ask for help f you can't find anything or the information is not clear.

Hope this helps :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Stringa

Welcome ,please to say never had a problem with this site ,I also have Mcafee never flagged on my computer .
Plenty to look at Club Motor home,Stop over section really useful home and away.Have printed my badge of and hoping to try couple of Pub stopovers near Chester in June .
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Stringa and welcome :welcome2:

Our Mcafee flags this site as dodgy as well but not every time. I have just ignored it and have not had any problems when Mcafee does its daily scan.

Hope you enjoy the website. Have you got any trips planned.

Best wishes

Spinner
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Spinner
No, no trips as yet I collect it in a fortnight, cant wait, maybe first time I might try somewhere local-ish, looking forward to it.......me, our rose and the dog
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Stringa
Welcome to the site and happy motorhoming. Regarding dodgy site I have Kaspersky virus protection and Trusteer who both find the site acceptable so I have no idea why McAfee are being picky

Barry
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post