By geordieboy58 on Sunday, 29 March 2015
Replies 4
Likes 1
Views 4.4K
Votes 0
We are planning two or three stopovers in Devon and Cornwall for a total of around 12 days. (4-6 nights).

Can anyone recommend a great place to stay, preferably near water, where my wife and I can get the great Devon/Cornwall experience.

Many thanks,
John
Hi John,
I cant say I,ve done any recent camping in Cornwall,last time was probably same as you back in the 60,s and that was in whitsand bay or treganhawke bay,lovely beach but a bit of a climb down these days,I see they,ve put a height barrier across where we used to wildcamp.We have taken the grandkids to a nice site just outside the devon border but perhaps on your route.Its on the jurassic coast where you can have some nice walks perhaps find a few old fossils on the nearby beach.
newlands
Have a great trip over . :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
As you wish to be near water there are two in Cornwall that I would suggest.

Porth Beach, just to the east of Newquay. Level site, good sized pitches, beach is literally just across the road. Bus stop close by on the Newquay/Padstow route. Route to Padstow takes you through some great scenery

Gwithian Farm Campsite. You can walk over the dunes, and access the beach. St Ives is nearby and well worth a visit. The village of Gwithian is small, but has a pub which does meals and the church is lovely

Do enjoy Cornwall.
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for your recommendations Lonicera,

We certainly have one or two good options to choose from. Your recs. sound great.

Cheers,
John
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Mid4Did,

Thanks for the Newlands recommendation. It certainly looks to be a great spot.

Cheers,
John
·
7 years ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post