By Aled404 on Friday, 24 April 2015
Replies 2
Likes 0
Views 2.7K
Votes 0
:unsure:

Help !!!

I’m off to the MotoGp at the Sachsenring in Germany in July.

I intend to have a bit of a bimble, take a week to get there from Calais and a week to get back, so any advice would be welcome. My perfect trip would involve a campsite near a railway station, so that I could leave the van there, catch the train and just walk to the race circuit from the local station which is about ¾ mile from the track.

Is there any advice that anyone could give me, such as a decent route with some lovely overnight / couple of day stops, things to see, places not to be missed and of course, best beer’s to try?

:silly:
Hi Aled,and :welcome4: to the forum.
I,ve just driven back from heidelburg area after spending a few days buying our new (to us) motorhome.
I travelled with my brother and we found the people we met to be very friendly and patient with our inability to speak much of their language.
Things I found to be useful were,a Halifax clarity card worked everywhere and gave a good rate of exchange ,about 1.38 average.I took a toggle card registered with a german phone number and enabled data when the number became active,this worked very well.
As the weather has been very good this week we found the cold beer was as good as any we,ve tasted .
Also after a meal in a geust house we stopped at we were treated to some local cider and ostler a spirit made from cider,you wont be driving far after that though.
On our travels we noticed many stellplatz small campsites and castles as we were driving along the road parallel to the river neckar,you wont miss them if you head down that way .
I did a search for a campsite to suit your needs and found this
caravan park rabenstein

Have a great time :thumbs:

I found that if you choose the german version and use chrome,do a translate and you,ll find information of a shuttle service to the grand prix,you should book in advance for this I believe.
"For trips and tours near the Ore Mountains, which offers state capital Dresden (30min highway), the Muldental as the Altenburger Land at. Convenient to motorsport fans from here the Sachsenring (7km distance) reach the Grand Prix with our shuttle service!
Except for Gand Pirx is possible with their own camping equipment to arrive without registration."
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Brilliant !!! Thank you for that info, hope the new van takes you to some wonderful places.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post