Wednesday, 16 September 2015
  5 Replies
  2.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Me again!

I am thinking of changing my year 2000 CI. I have been looking around and I am now thinking of buying a 1995 compass drifter or a bessecarr autocruise ! (but not sure)
I have looked at many vans up to brand new ones and frankly the build quality seems poor in comparison to the mid 1990's vans.
With the exception of 2 vans a rapido I liked a lot but the layout didn't really suit us and a bailey something or other that was a year old, but I couldn't justify the extra cost for it as it didn't have a towbar or roofrack, so I would need to spend on it straight away to get it up to my spec.
I know my CI isn't the best build quality in the world, but it is in better condition than almost all the ones I have looked at!
So I have 2 questions
1. are the 'older' vans better built?
2.Should I just tell the kids they cant have bunk beds and stay with Elvis? (My CI)

Your 2 pennies worth is welcome!

Oh and I am only looking at spending about 15k max, as my van is worth about 13k and I don't want finance or loans!
(the Bailey I liked was £400 a month for 10 years on finance!!) No thanks mr salesman, even though he did try to convince me.

Tom

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection