Thursday, 05 November 2015
  2 Replies
  3.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hello
It is grey and raining today here in Blighty so I started looking through some pictures from past trips to cheer myself up.

Now I know Mrs Admin wants to know what food and recipes we have on the go. Well, we love fish, not the stuff you get in a box or polystyrene tray but the proper stuff. So when we are out and about near the coast in the MH we are always on the lookout for fishing boats or quayside fish sellers.
Nothing is wasted as we always make soup with the head and the bits, My lovely daughter in-law is from Taiwan and when she is with us she always have the eyes, Of course we all suck the juice out of the prawn heads!!

Yummie

The cod came of a boat in Norway and the Crab from Berwick , Lobster, and Prawns from Cornish a fish stall.

What do you cook?

Spinner :ohmy:

:D

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Caro
In Taiwan, skewered Parson Nose, Duck Blood Jelly and chickens feet are all revered. Ducks Blood Jelly takes a bit of getting used to as it is served the same way as the raspberry jelly we had as kids. Wobbly!
The chickens feet are a bit chewy and without the tasty sauce they put on them there is not much flavour, you just have to watch that you don’t get the bits of claw nail stuck in your teeth!.
One of the pleasures of travelling in the MH is that you get the opportunity to try local food or cook with what is available from the markets. As many know, people in other countries eat all the bits of the animal, especially those in Eastern Europe when food used to be scarce.

Have good lunch in Altura, Pulpo, or Chipirones perhaps?
Spinner

:D

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

ADVERT - Full Members don't see these - click our link below to hide them

Click here to join or upgrade to Full Member

We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection