Saturday, 07 November 2015
  1 Replies
  3.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
It's not the city I grew up in but still a nice place to stop and have a look around.
When I grew up the City centre was still being built,today it's a busy place to be with shops for everyone and a Nice indoor market selling everything from fresh fruit to pasties.Be careful of the many many speed traps back to back leading up to and including the Royal parade where the buses stop.I,d even go so far as get a bus into the centre and park up outside perhaps at riverside camping .There once was a lively fish market on the Barbican area,today its the home of a glass blowing business amongst other things,why I don't know.Still nice to wander around its streets and up to Plymouth Hoe where you can perhaps still climb up Smeaton tower one of the original Eddystone lighthouses moved stone by stone from 13 miles out to sea after the foundations became unstable.The others were Winstanley Rudyeard and the existing one Douglas.
There used to be a semi permanent marquee housing a Brass band where as the title states you could hear the band and see the sound,Plymouth sound that is.
It has a Ferry port from which possibly some of our members have sailed from.Lots of history and people associated with the town over the years ,francis Drake.The tolpuddle martyrs .The pilgrim fathers who sailed from the Mayflower steps,again the barbican area.
If for nothing else this town is a must see for its fine fish and chip shops and Ivor dewdney pasty shops.
I could go on ,and on

Pete and jan

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello

Plymouth, haven't been there since it has been redeveloped. My son went to Uni there, so it was just to pop up and down to pick him up at holiday time. A few years ago though we did our RYA Level 2 Powerboat course at Mount Batten and parked overnight on the quay. Must go back there!

Thank you

Spinner

:D

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection