By NEILMAC on Thursday, 12 April 2012
Replies 17
Likes 0
Views 3.2K
Votes 0
Club Motorhome has teamed up with Insurance Choice to get our website users a 10% discount on their motorhome premiums!

To get the discounted quote click on the Insurance Choice banner at the top of the page or just click here to get your quote.

Alternatively you can call this dedicated telephone number 0843 22 78 280

We would also welcome your feedback on this - so please feel free to reply on this thread to let us know how you get on.
Just a reminder to please let us have any feedback if you have got a quote from Insurance Choice.

We would like to know that they are actually offering good value, which should be the case especially with the 10% discount.

If you don't want to post your findings on the forums you can PM me :thumbs: .
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil.
Just tried IC and they were £70 dearer than Comfort for me.
I mentioned this 10% discount to their advisor when he called
and he seemed a little bewildered and started muttering about
online quote being different to phone quote hence reason for
phone call. Obviously I said no thanks.
Comfort come in at £229-78. Thats cheaper than last year with
another lot. That'll do for me.
Cheers.
Alan
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil

Just gone through the process of renewing motorhome insurance and I certainly agree with “Grouty” re: IC having used them in the long forgotten past they are one of the more expensive brokers out there.
This time after a morning of playing off one against the other, “2gether Insurance” came out best @£244.29p including UK and EU breakdown..
Adrian Flux, Lifesure,(used to be MCIA) Comfort, Footman James, Highway, and a few others all beet IC hands down without any “club discount” It Pays to shop around !cheers Jr :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil

I have just been through the laborious task of finding insurance quotes. There seems to only be three companies who can insure our vehicle as our specification appears to be a problem. i.e. 365 EU cover + breakdown cover, not having another car to insure.

Insurance Choice came up with a quote that was half our previous premium, they were courteous and accurate.

I am sorry I forgot to mention the 10% discount, but I will when I finally purchase.

Thank you for the link

JCB :thumbs:
JCB
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for all the feedback so far

I tried the quote system myself when we first set up this discount arrangement and have to say that I wasn't overly impressed but it seems that, like all insurance quotes, they seem to vary from one person's experience to the next.

Please keep trying their quote system when you come to renew and post the feedback because I will only continue to carry the advertising if it is providing a genuine benefit to our members :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You're welcome Chris, glad you're getting somewhere .
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Just been quoted for a renewal

£400.00 different between one major insurer and another major insurer

Above was a 50%reduction

H
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi All
Tried the above companies not many quick to reply - Tried Quotiva and a firm called Insurance Factory gave me a great quote from Aviva.
My Safeguard Insurance will rise to £594.51 on the 5th Dec.
Insurance Factory quoted me £299.10 for 4,000 each furhter 1,000 miles will cost approx £10 extra. I am also allowed to drive to work - £200 excess - old for new for 2 yrs.
My Motor Home is a 2012 Nov Burstner Aviano i 709 value £62,000.
I am pleased with this - comments welcome.
regards
Peter
ps can`t seem to upload a photo 10 pixals ok on ebay
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Insurance Factory speak to Jason 01865716688
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Insurance Factory quoted me with Aviva for £510.00 on a £78,000.00 motorhome as against Caravanguard renewal at £875.00

Regards

Harry Clarke
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Jason was also the guy I dealt with

H
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
great contact then Harry - money in the bank regards Peter
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
So how did Insurance Factory compare with Insurance Choice including Club Motorhome discount?
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
They havn`t got back to me as yet - some wouldn`t quote because I was one day over a month from the date - I must admit I jumped a bit early but was very happy saving 50%.
Will get a quote from them to see their costings.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Many thanks Paul I had a similar quote from another company - exactly the same and thought it was very good so hopped on that and paid straight away. Will be back in future and will inform Club Motorhome that yours was the same quote regards Peter
paulm@insurancechoice.co.uk>
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Neil,

firstly thank you for the warm welcome to the club :-).

I just bought my first campervan (VW T5 Autosleeper Topaz) 2 days ago. I did insure it online with Adrian Flux initially, only to find out my no claims bonus earned on my car was not accepted by them. So I cancelled because it would have cost me an arm and a leg to start from scratch on the camper.

When I saw your suggestion to try Insurance Choice I called them and am very pleased with their deal! It was possible to mirror my no claims bonus from my car even without proving it.
The 10% discount were no problem at all.
The insurance includes a £100.000 legal cover, 6 months EU countries cover, awning, key and windscreen cover with an £100 compulsory excess.

The premium was even a few pounds cheaper than with Adrian Flux.

Kind regards
Claudiji
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You're welcome Claudiji.

Glad you got a good result :thumbs: and that you get a lot of enjoyment out of your Autosleeper Topaz.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post