Monday, 15 February 2016
  5 Replies
  3.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I do find it frustrating that the Lake District National park do not welcome motorhomes. They have been hit by the floods and are crying out for visitors but apart from our few pub stopovers there are very few places to stay. Many campsites are shut at the moment and the best site at Ambleside I believe has now been closed by the national park authority !
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Obviously nothing compares to the Club Motorhome stopovers, however are there any by-laws posted in the Lake district National Park?
I haven't been up there since I was a kid.

In the New Forest National Park, overnighting in the National Park car parks is forbidden, but it clearly says something along the lines of 'overnight parking within 5 meters of the public road permitted if it is a danger to continue driving' on the by-law signs in the car parks.
I would assume all national parks might be the same.

I have been overnighting in the New Forest almost all my life, but since it has become a national park, I still do but I only park in the gravel lay bys etc on the side of the road.
Granted I usually park up quite late and never anywhere there is another motorhome, but I have never been questioned or had any trouble and have often had a lorry park up behind the during the night!

I obviously only park up because I am so tired it is dangerous for me to keep driving though, officer! ;-)

Mind you it was nice in my grandparents comma camper, when you could just pull off the road anywhere in the New Forest and drive into the woods for the night, well my granddad did it with me in the 70's at least!

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection