By RamFan47 on Wednesday, 02 March 2016
Replies 13
Likes 0
Views 2.6K
Votes 0
We are going to France on Sunday 5th March returning in about a month. Does anyone have tips of how to approach the tunnel terminal upon returning in case of potential issues with migrants in the area?

Roger Hill
Good morning Roger, we are crossing in the morning so I'll let you know. :huh:

Seriously, I don't expect any issues. We drove past the Eurotunnel area yesterday as we came up past Calais to our current stopover at Gravelines. No sign of anything untoward, the only indication of anything was the new fencing all around.

We'll just be making sure that all lockers and doors are securely locked and caromac will be on camera duty.....

There's been loads of hype about it all in the press and other forums but we really don't expect any troubles.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for that, Neil. I'm reassured. I suspect that it is an ever changing situation.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Will be going over by shuttle in May so will be interested in what you find Neil. Have had no problems in previous years.

Barry
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I would also be interested to hear what its like.
We are going Portsmouth to Caen on the 24th, partly to avoid the migrants, I would rather pay more for the ferry and not worry about them.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Well.....

Absolutely no problems at all :woohoo:

Nothing/no-one to photograph/video just straight in as usual. Did get caught out by the Pet Passport office having moved to around the corner but that's all.

I will continue to have no qualms about using Eurotunnel and indeed Cite Europe as a stopover (although we chose Gravelines this time - but only because we wanted a 2 night location).

Arrived early because we allowed plenty of time and boarded an earlier crossing FOC so we made good time once in the UK too.

It's a bit cold here :side:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Neil for your very useful update. We'll let everyone know about our experiences both ways in due course.
Roger
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Roger, we have used the tunnel twice in the last 5 months, last time Monday gone, no sign of immigrants, straight of the train and on to the Motorway, as previously mentioned the only tell tale sign is the huge amount of new fencing in the area.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We used the tunnel in August / September 2015 and will probably use it again in June this year if we can't get a cheaper ferry. While there are problems with the economic migrants trying to get tot the UK I think there is a lot of hype in the media.

On our last trip we didn't see any migrants, we would not hesitate to use the tunnel or Dover / Calais ferry next time.

Paul
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Paul. I' m less anxious now
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Jimkaz. No more worries, just awareness at all times.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We came across on the ferry from Calais on Monday. We spent the night out of Calais at Oye Plage which has changed a lot since we were last there, a large are having been taken into the 'protected area. This means that we run straight into the port in the morning with no porblems at all, as we have found on all our previous crossings.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I'm sure everyone will be ok travelling through.
However I have just watched a video on facebook about living in Calais by a lady who has lived there all her life.
It shows the migrants ransacking houses daily, smashing cars up, attacking and throwing bricks at people, daily reports of rape and sexual assaults etc.
Even shows residents with shot guns to protect themselves because they are so scared.

I know its only one point of view and might not be representive but still scary!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Pleased to hear you had no trouble.
We always go on to Gravelines before we take the Tunnel,for the supermarket before we go home and the two top notch restaurants in the very pretty town.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post