Monday, 07 March 2016
  17 Replies
  6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hello all, we are picking up our new motorhome end of the month a Challenger Sirius (Chausson Exaltis ) and wonder where to purchase a thermal windscreen cover. Regards Paul
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
We have an A class Rapido witha massive windscreen and do get condensation in cold weather. You say you have screens made for your van, where could I get them for mine do you think Frank60?

Barry
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks Mothy54 - seen a price for mine around £220 elsewhere. In no rush so will look around as warmer weather is on it's way and heading South in May

Barry
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We have researched these and have decided to bite the bullet and buy Silver Screens.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Another vote for Silverscreens, we were using our van over Christmas and New Year, and we had overnight temperatures of minus 8 in Aranda de Duero and we were totally comfortable. We also use them in the summer to keep the heat out as our van does not have A/C and they work well too for keeping us cooler. I must admit that for the first couple of years after buying them I thought I had wasted my money because I hardly used them, but with more experience we have come to appreciate the benefits.....especially the lack of condensation.

Phil
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
After reading this post and the reviews I thought that sounds like a good thing to have, so was looking at prices, then I remembered the bag that came with my camper ... it did not have anything like logo's on it and to be honest I put it in the shed and forgot about it ... :(
Well the good news is it is a Thermal exterior screen cover, the down side was it said for a Peugeot Boxer but I have tried it on the Tranny and it seems to fit OK ... :D

Can it be left on all the time it's parked up or is that not advisable?

Kathy and Max dog

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment to animals.”

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi katmax

Yes it can be left on but you will get black streaky marks on the windscreen because the rain gets trapped, it does wash off though. Of course the thermals won't last as long.

Spinner

:D

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection