By Rabc on Monday, 21 March 2016
Replies 7
Likes 0
Views 2.6K
Votes 0
Hi everybody.
Has anyone had their ferry cancelled by Brittany ferries,we were due to sail from Plymouth to Santander on Sunday 27th March,but were informed that the pont avens is still in dry dock in Poland.
We have had to rearrange our sailing now and drive through France to reach our destination in Spain.we will get reimbursed for diesel etc but it has spoiled our holiday somewhat plus I don't really fancy France this time of the year.
hi rabc,thats a blow to your plans,what a pain!Would you get re-imbersed for autoroute charges I wonder?get there faster probably.We met a couple from cornwall who had the same problem but because the wife was frightened after a bad experience on the motorway aire around barcelona she would only travel through france if they stopped at campsites(they had a break-in)Not sure whats open this time of year though but there are some lovely safe aires on the way down if you don't already know them.safe journey ,pete
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
..... plus I don't really fancy France this time of the year.

That is a pain but don't be too disheartened about having to drive through France.

As long as you have the time to enjoy the journey it will add to your holiday experience. If you need to get to Spain fast then Autoroutes will be a must but if you can take a few more days then there are some great Aires along the way and they shouldn't be crowded which would be a bonus.

Late March isn't too bad in France. Obviously always weather dependent but its a pretty country to drive through :thumbs:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for replying.
Yeah we've done through France before,but I didn't fancy the drive this time.
We are getting reimbursed for diesel and inconvenience,just have to get on with it and treat as an adventure
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Neil.
If we didn't live sn near Plymouth it wouldn't be so bad,we have done the France route before,and you are right it is a lovely country.we'll just have to bite the bullet and treat it as part of the holiday
Cheers geoff(Rabc)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Geoff,
I have moved my Brittany ferries booking until the summer and changed ports, without extra charge!
I'm sure they would change it to Poole or Portsmouth for you and still compensate you for the difference and inconvenience.
I know its still a way from Plymouth but its closer than Dover!

Personally I didn't like Spain when I went anyway and much prefer France, but that was 25 years ago!

Tom
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi tom.
Yes we were offered alternative crossings but there were none that suited us at this particular time,we are taking a dog with us and kennels were a problem etc.
That's why we took the Plymouth-roscoff route.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Yeah must be a pain.
Thats why im mean and wont let the wife or kids have any pets!
Mind you they have stopped asking now.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post