By mikescuba on Sunday, 17 April 2016
Posted in UK touring
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 4K
Votes 0
Can anyone suggest pub stopovers or campsite around Ivybridge, Devon. We have a wedding to go to beginning of August. Only planning on staying there for a couple of days.
Many Thanks
The Westwood inn is listed on the stopover map, looks ok and has feedback.
However I have not used it yet!
I have also stayed in the truckstop at the side of the A38 in Ivybridge, which served a purpose.

However have you asked at the wedding venue?
We have taken the motorhome to probably 9 weddings in the last few years, always been given a spot to park in for free.
Even at Nottingham Forest Football ground, they even bought an electric lead out plugged in, without being asked.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We stopped at the Westwood Inn last August, have a look at the feedback I left. It´s OK for an overnight stop and the folks were friendly, but I am not sure what the food is like...if you were looking for a bite to eat, as I mentioned the kitchen closes early compared to home. They are just opening here when they are closing in the UK.:unsure:
Regards
Phil
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
That's our fault Phil, we eat our dinner at about 5.30pm most nights, so they have got use to catering for people like us! ;-)
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
That'll be it then Tom, it accounts for the 8pm summer rush in the restaurants locally, they fill up with starving Brits and nortbern Europeans desperate for a bite to eat. The locals wander in from 10 pm onwards.All day breakfasts don't exist here in the north :cheer:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
We are usually in bed by 10.30pm when away!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post