By polly on Monday, 16 May 2016
Replies 4
Likes 0
Views 2.1K
Votes 0
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me..My MH is 7.01meters and plated 3850 and is 2003..Now then I am having a lot of trouble trying to get roadside assistance cover for Europe. seems that my MH is too old too heavy and too long?? what do other people do with the really big motorhomes..I have tried the usual RAC AA etc and they will cover for about
£100 for a single trip with only £250 rescue cover??!!! I have 3 years major prob cover but would like peace of mind in case I have say a puncture! anywhere anytime. Any advice would be very much appreciated..Thank you

Polly
My dad now has the same problem with his motorhome.
The RAC will cover it but only if you join the caravan club!
Which I feel is almost blackmail, however thats just my thought.

I had the same issue with the AA years ago, when I telephoned from the roadside they refused to send a recovery truck out because my vehicle was 'outside the allowed dimensions'.
They knew that from the computer screen, so to my mind they sold me the policy knowing I couldnt use it.
However they did send a mechanic out who did help me get it back on the road to get home.

Mine is now with my insurance company and they seem good but I have never used the breakdown cover.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Polly

We are 8 metres long 4.5 tonne. 2002 reg

Insured through safeguard including breakdown cover £355.00 unlimited milage and 365 days European cover.

Spinner
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Spinner, Yes I think that is the way to go..I have just insured with Saga because of the 365 days in Europe as I spend a lot of time in France and did not know Safeguard did it too. Will check it out..Happy motorhoming.

Polly
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ours is covered with our insurance but in the past I have used the RAC through the camping and caravan club no weight limit but you need to be a member of CCC it used to be around 115 for the year not sure what it is now
JCT
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post