Wednesday, 06 July 2016
  19 Replies
  3.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Just to let you all know that the Club Motorhome website is undergoing some major work at the moment

It's possible there may be a little disruption during the process but I'm working to keep that to a minimum....

So far you may have noticed that the Blog software has had a major update and the Article Comments software has been changed.

At the moment I'm fine tuning completely new forum software on a test site and will implement that as soon as I have it stable! There is also a huge change taking place to the chat/activity/member profile software which will make the site so much more socially orientated! These changes should be in place in the next few days so don't be alarmed if the forum or site go briefly offline - it's normal practice :)

Once all that is in place and running nicely there are some equally huge changes coming along to how the website will look and feel - and together with the previously mentioned changes/upgrades will make the site much easier to use for communication between members.

So, apologies for any interruptions and thanks in advance, for your patience during this process :thumbs:

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Well, the forum software is in place and subject to some more tuning seems to be working well :D

There's a lot more to do though to bring all the changes together....

In the meantime please play around with the forums and try out its features - one of which is a completely new private message system. So simple to use, just click the small white envelope icon on the toolbar and send someone a message - even if its only me! ;)

More work to do tomorrow.

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Today's progress has seen our very own 'Social Network' installed and is up and running :D

Logging in and out is now done through each member's own Page

So, can I ask you to please have a look at it, get yourselves logged in, poke around with it and post some stuff - photos, comments, likes etc.

The next developments involve a completely new look to the website which will also tie all the new changes together...

Oh, nearly forgot to say.... We have a new membership level - 'Social Member'. This level gives access to all the new Social features and the forums and it's FREE! Full membership still provides the benefits of the rest of the website's great information resources :)

Do make use of these new features and please let me know if you find things that don't work quite like you think they should!

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I hope you're all getting use to the great new features - it certainly looks the case!

I'm nearing the stage where the new 'look' of the website will be implemented :)

This involves a lot of manual input by me so it's quite likely the site will go offline for a few hours while this takes place. I'll pick what I hope will be a quieter time so as to not cause too much irritation....

You can expect this to all happen sometime in the next few days :D

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Liking the 'Like" option
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
looking good boss, even the bit you have done! :D

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
looking good boss, even the bit you have done! :D

Thanks Tom :)

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
And, we're back online! :D

Seven hours I think..... Big changes done - hope you like the new look....

Lots more to do with the content layouts but all that can be done while the site is up and running.

I'd be grateful for any feedback please - good or bad ;)

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
One observation is that it seems you have to go to your personal home page to see messages friend requests etc when most sites do this on a form of communication bar which can be seen on any page
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
One observation is that it seems you have to go to your personal home page to see messages friend requests etc when most sites do this on a form of communication bar which can be seen on any page

Good idea although I haven't seen it on other sites other than if they are 'just' forums or social networks but I've had a little experiment and put up a toolbar on most other pages. So we'll see how that works out :)

Thanks for the feedback.

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ooh, its all different :p :p

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
And so it is..... Would have been a huge waste of time if it wasn't..... :)

It has all the best old bits and some great new ones, it's got lots of nice things to come too.

That's progress ;)

Votes
Undo
Loving the total revamp, the whole site seems to be quicker and has raised the bar for other motorhome sites.
Just hope it increases the posters of the site from our new members.

Has freedom to travel

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Loving the total revamp, the whole site seems to be quicker and has raised the bar for other motorhome sites.
Just hope it increases the posters of the site from our new members.

Thanks @Traveller_HA5_3DOM# it is quicker now for various technical reasons and this should still get better with upcoming improvements :)

As far as posting goes I can only make it as easy as possible and I think we're there on that one, so we'll see....

Best regards to you both ;)

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It has all the best old bits

Is that you and Caro? :p :o :o

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Site looks good - a testament to all your hard work :)
Now it is just up to the members ... afraid this one might take a while to get her head around it ... will be fine when I have sussed out where you keep the help files ... ;)

Kathy and Max dog

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment to animals.”

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you @katmax :D

Once the fine tuning is done I'll work on some tutorials for the various functions. In the meantime just play around with it as no harm can be done #keepsfingerscrossed

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Oh dear Neilmac ... you may rue the day you said that :D

Kathy and Max dog

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment to animals.”

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Neil,

Love the new website. Looks very professional and slick, much more user friendly. Well done.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Much improved website. When I first joined I found it difficult to negotiate the pages and it put me off. Much easier now. Well done and looking forward to being a new and active member. :D
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection