New

Stockings

Monday, 14 November 2016
  14 Replies
  5.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I don't know if anyone else has the same interest but Mrs S and my I are into stockings. We find them really exciting! We don't mind what colour or what material they are made of, or even if they have seams. However, our favourite colour is red, embroidered with little emblems such as Holly, Santa's and Reindeers.

It is that time of year again and I thought I would start a forum on stocking fillers that might appeal to the Motorhomer.

If you are into reading then these might make good stocking fillers

What would you suggest?

The A303: Highway to the Sun

Attention All Shipping: A Journey Round the Shipping Forecast

Love of Country: A Hebridean Journey

The Making Of The British Landscape: From the Ice Age to the Present

:D

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
" We find them really exciting! We don't mind what colour or what material they are made of, or even if they have seams"

It all started so well, then .....................................

"However, our favourite colour is red, embroidered with little emblems such as Holly, Santa's and Reindeer's"

You had to go spoil it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kathy and Max dog

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment to animals.”

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I prefer tights myself, they stretch over my head easier!
If anyone wants a picture of me as a stocking filler, please ask! :D :o

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello

I was a bit disappointed with the response to this post:(

Was it the intro that put you off? To early for Christmas, or just don't do Motorhome / travel stocking fillers?

Make me happy!

Spinner

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sorry Spinner ... personally I don't do anything at Christmas ... my job before I retired meant I had to work all bank holidays and Christmas/New Year if required ... being one of the only people without Children I mainly took the Christmas rota ... as it is really for religion and kids ... neither of which I had an interest in
The upshot being the only creatures that got Christmas stocking were the dogs ... :p

Kathy and Max dog

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Katmax

I had an Aunt (Doris) who lived on her own,. Birthdays and Christmas, she always wrapped presents and on the label it said:-

From Doris to Doris, with love xx

S;)

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Way too early for christmas for me.
I go christmas shopping on christmas eve. :p

The kids get stockings but my wife does all that as my input is, and I quote 'not constructive'.

The wife and I havent bought 'presents' as such for either of each other in at least 8 years.

For me christmas is for the kids but offers nothing for me or the wife, except a couple of weeks off work that is!
The tv is rubbish, the in laws are boring, the kids go nuts, just thinking about it is so exiting.
Not!

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Katmax

I had an Aunt (Doris) who lived on her own,. Birthdays and Christmas, she always wrapped presents and on the label it said:-

From Doris to Doris, with love xx

S;)

... That is so sad Spinner ... We never celebrated Christmas, Birthdays or any anniversaries as neither of us were interested ... now Denny has gone I cannot see any reason to start ... It is all so false to me, as I am not religious and isn't that the whole idea of the celebration ... or are we going all American and calling it Happy Holidays ...
Or it could just be that I am descended from the Grinch :p

Kathy and Max dog

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Katmax and Tom

Christmas for me/us is not so much about the religious aspect, after all Christians hijacked the festival from the Pagans which was there celebration of the winter solstice. It's about a time for reflection,looking back at our travels and thinking about those for next year, a bit like Janus I suppose?

Making some good home cooked food and sharing with friends and family, winter walks and wood fires

Pheasants hanging in the pantry already!

Probably all a bit heavy for a motorhome forum...,but great to chat

With love

Spinner

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I agree Chris, Christmas has no religious meaning these days. Well to most at least.

I think Katmax and I are cut from the same cloth, I'm not bothered about celebrating either.

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Going back to Spinner original subject ... It is not a stocking filler as such, but if money was no object and I don't know if such a thing exists ... but a self levelling device for the camper ... I so hater those ramp things :D

Kathy and Max dog

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I so hater those ramp things :D

With the risk of going off subject, do you use your 'ramp things' often Katmax?
I cant remember the last time I used mine

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I so hate those ramp things :D

With the risk of going off subject, do you use your 'ramp things' often Katmax?
I cant remember the last time I used mine

I cannot sleep if the camper is sloping, so yes I suppose I use them quite often ...

Kathy and Max dog

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I cannot sleep if the camper is sloping, so yes I suppose I use them quite often ...

Its much easier if you just park on level ground in the first place! ;)

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection