Sunday, 20 November 2016
  7 Replies
  3.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
We moved to Saxmundham last year and changed the caravan we had for 6 years, for a motorhome and are looking for any motorhome clubs/groups in the Suffolk area. We worked as caravan site wardens for the last 6 years, up to the end of October 2015. We are taking the gentle approach to our retirement (:D )by travelling in the UK and abroad over the next few years, and hope to be taking a break for a month or so to Spain in early January. Any information/advice/help would be welcome from any like-minded motorhomers out there.

Thanks in advance
Lynne & Steve
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi and welcome to the club. You will find entries here with info regarding routes and places to visit in Spain. Also the section on Motorhome Stopovers will help. Finally I've a few albums of Stopovers in France and Spain which might give you a flavour of the aires
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks for your reply and suggestions. We're just learning to navigate the website and have browsed your photos and will use them as a guide if we go to any of the areas.

Steve
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Lynne and Steve.

I am not from Suffolk and have infact never been there.
However the wife and I were talking about going east, as we dont really know it at all.
We even talked about an east coast trip from Essex all the way up to the Scottish boarder.
But its only talk at the moment.

Would be good to meet up if we were passing.

Tom

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Tom - Thanks for your reply. We would be more than happy to meet up with you if you let us know what your plans are. We tend to use CL sites where possible. Not tried wild camping yet, and if you spend a lot of time on Caravan Club sites this can be expensive. If we can help with recommending sites in the Suffolk area, let us know. Steve
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sounds good Steve.
We almost always wild 'park', we have had only 1 night on a site this year despite having about 8 weeks away and countless weekends in 2016.
I have never had a problem in 36 years of doing it.
I simply couldn't afford to use sites all the time and with my family planning is often not possible, so we go away at short notice without being able to book sites either.
Many of the CM stopovers are great to use for a night.

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Dear Tom - Thx for the info.

Just thought you might be interested to know that if you ever travel to Aldeburgh (our nearest coastal town - 7 miles away from us) you're allowed one free night in the car park area of the yacht club which is accessed by driving down the High Street to the far end. You would have the sea on one side and the river on the other...

Steve
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Dear Tom - Thx for the info.

Just thought you might be interested to know that if you ever travel to Aldeburgh (our nearest coastal town - 7 miles away from us) you're allowed one free night in the car park area of the yacht club which is accessed by driving down the High Street to the far end. You would have the sea on one side and the river on the other...

Steve

Thats great Steve.
The sort of place we use regularly.
You could submit it to the boss for adding it to the listing.

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection