Saturday, 18 February 2017
  1 Replies
  2.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
gerry here
We are in Spain at La Manga. On the way down we stopped at an aire called Catalan Village at or near Banyules where there was a shower . My wife used the shower while I filled up with fuel . There was nobody on duty so I put in my credit card . Later an email turned up on our iPhone from Staysure thanking us for getting our travel insurance from them . This was an automatic renewal , we'd rejected their price of £600 odd and had insured with the AA for £ 400 odd . We rang our bank to stop this payment and were then told that there was a demand for fuel payment of £1213 waiting for payment . We thought that our card must have been cloned and were put through to their fraud department .I'd completed the deal by using the correct pin . To cut a long story short I had apparently taken my diesel from a pump especially for lorry drivers , and it's common practice for them to be charged , or their employers . After a week or so trying to drive through Spain attempting to put the worry to the back of my mind we had a statement showing that in fact only £38 had been taken out for the diesel at Banyules.
I don't know if there's been a resolution to your problem John Iggulden but we'll keep an eye open here for your Motorhome which sounds very unusual
Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.
× Progressive Web App | Add to Homescreen

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press icon. Progressive Web App | Share Button And then Add to Home Screen.

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection