By giuseppe101179 on Monday, 13 October 2014
Replies 8
Likes 0
Views 3.6K
Votes 0
Hello guys, my name is giuseppe, I live in London and me and my partner are looking to get in the motorhomes world. I have few questions to ask you and if you can help me to get an answer would be awesome. We are thinking to go for an second hand elddis autoquest 130, 5 berth no older then 2009. Is it any good?
Also a power generator, an average one?
Hi Giuseppe and :welcome1:

I've no personal experience of Elddis but I know there are some owners on here so hopefully they can advise.

As regards the generator, are you sure you'll need one? They are not always popular with neighbours and usually require petrol to be carried around as well..... If its for leisure battery charging you may find solar a nicer option. Only my opinion though.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks, I would consider the solar panel too!!
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi ,We had a 2004 Eldis Sunseeker 200 ,when we brought it there was 18 thousand on the clock.Sold it 4 years later we had 44 thousand on the clock,miles mainly done abroad .Great van interior finish was excellent ,quality of cupboard doors etc seem to be far superior than newer models.We had it re upholstered and new carpets fitted.No major problems with engine,did have it serviced regularly and oil changed every 6 thousand .Only reason we changed vans was to get something bigger.
Good vans for new comers .One tip the van we had had the fridge built over rear wheel arch and this greatly restricted space inside fridge,Ie tiny ice box and veg box at bottom,try to avoid .
Depending on age of van you buy ,look to get cam belt changed ,although van might have low mileage if more than 6 years old change belt.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi
I bought an Elddis Autoquest 180 from new in 2008 in which we did 46,000mls in 4 years. However, we had a permanent problem with water ingress in the walls at the rear which was recognised by Elddis, They had the motorhome back at the works and dried out. Next damp test - same problem which continued throughout the time I had it. It even has the floor undersealed at the dealers expense. The main criticism in use was the small toilet/shower area and the shower floor had to be replaced when the floor split around the drain. There are a few other problems but suffice to say i wouldn't buy another. We have an A class Rapido now
regards
Barry
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello.
We've had our Elddis Autoquest 155 (see my advert) for 4 years now and are extremely pleased with it.
It has everything we need and more (see my advert). I was very surprised at the fuel consumption which
I think is excellent considering the size of the vehicle. I'll be happy to try to answer any questions if you wish to give me a call. Why am I selling if it's that good? Heart problems.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi .....After years of caravanning I finally persuaded hubby to get a Motorhome....we bought a 2011 Elddis 140 and have had 2 lovely years visiting France and Spain.
#There were a few rattles at first,,,but theses have settled down and we both LOVE it
As a woman I especially love the shower, excellent for a small van
Good Luck
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I know it is two years on from this article, but as a newcomer to this site I thought I would add my own comments about Elddis. We came over to Motor Home ownership after years of towing and we bought an Elddis Autoquest 100 with the 2.2 litre engine. For the two of us, we have found it an excellent purchase. It is supposed to a 4 berth, which would be OK for two children and two adults (just), but it would be a tight squeeze for four adults. But that said, it is not a large van and is ideal for us. We get around 30 mpg on average which is also good. The quality of finish of the interior is good and they seem to retain their value looking at the prices asked by the dealers. So far nothing has failed mechanically and there have been no problems with the interior equipment. A great buy for us.

Tony.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Giuseppe, I have not had an Elddis either but the people who I bought my motorhome off bought an Elddis brand new as a replacement, they only live up the road from me and the only complaint they have ever voiced to me is that the shower/toilet cubical is small, but saying that ours is huge and I think they just got used to the extra space we now have.

As for generators or solar panels they are fine and will serve a purpose, however if you buy a van without either my advice is to try it lots first, we are a family of 4 and do not have solar or a generator and I can park up for 4 days and nights without starting the engine without any issues, on the 5th day the power gets a bit low, but its rare we sit in one place that long anyway.
But it all depends on your power usage etc.
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post