By Spinner on Saturday, 08 November 2014
Posted in Welcome!
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 2.6K
Votes 0
Having been a Club Motorhome member for three months I thought it was about time that I introduced myself and my motorhome companion, (lover, friend and wife). Now I am not normally regarded as a ‘clubby’ person. Don’t get me wrong I am not unfriendly but I / we are not the sort who enjoy making paper hats and going on coach tours, that’s why we opted for the motorhome. Meeting up with likeminded people though and chatting about motorhome travels and experiences especially with a glass of wine or beer in the rays of the setting sun is most satisfying. So if you are out on the road and see a Frankia (02 reg RHD tag axle, there aren’t many) in the UK or abroad then flash your lights and say there’s Spinner! :kiss:
A very warm :welcome4: to you both, you will certainly fit in well with most of the members we know.
Exchanging information over a glass of something whilst swatting the mossies on balmy summer afternoon or evenings is a perfect way to spend the kids inheritance.
We did lower our sights somewhat on the last trip 'Run wild in Spain' and ended up several times drinking alcohol at breakfast meetups together with the local workers who pause from their early starts to work about 10.30 ish. Learning local customs is all part of Foreign touring though, so we all did our best.
When you are out and about and you hear someone playing a button accordion as the sun sets come over and say hello. Has threedom is easy to spot with the long black acrylic panels running down both sides and her number HA5 3DOM
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
:welcome4:
Thank you and hello. It is always great to get contribution to the site. We spend a fair bit of time travelling France and Spain. When time allows we are hoping to get further west and north but time just rushes on.

We will certainly keep and eye out and if you ever end up down our way (between Alicante and Valencia) let us know.
Wrong side for the setting sun but we manage! I should perhaps point out that we are not habitual breakfast imbibers. HA5 3DOM you will get us a reputation! :ohmy:
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hiya to you both and a warm :welcome1: we have also been known to have one or three,not a big wine lover but got a taste for rivesaltes muscat last time in france,usually stick to beer though.We don,t have a motorhome at the moment ,just looking around for ideas for another venture over to germany next year. :woohoo: .
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi thanks
Ah yes, Rivesalte and Muscat very nice especially when it is chilled right down. We usually open a bottle before the meal, the only problem is once you opened the bottle it's a job to stop. I don't know if you have tried it but Pineau de Charentes also has a similar effect, especially the red.

I don't know where you were thinking of going in Germany but Breman and Luneberg in the North West are worth a visit and in the East, Dresden is a Jem. If your interested, the WW2 POW camp Colditz castle is not far away and has a fascinating story to tell.

Spinner
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi thanks
Ah yes, Rivesalte and Muscat very nice especially when it is chilled right down. We usually open a bottle before the meal, the only problem is once you opened the bottle it's a job to stop.

Spinner

Its not so much a tour of germany,at that time more a look at a list of likely motorhomes.
I,m looking to buy another one next year post april and once I get my hands on my pension pot ....
·
7 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post