Monday, 27 March 2017
  3 Replies
  2.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I am definitely beginning to believe in fairies or gremlins as I called them and perhaps that is why they keep chucking a spanner in the works ..... :o
I got up this morning all set to wash the Phoenix ... out came the hose pipe, long handled brush, sponge, bucket, tall stepladder and Fenwicks Motorhome cleaner/wash ... :)
Armed with my marigolds and all the gear I set up the stepladder and went indoors to turn on the outside tap ... A very wet Max dog who had been laying in the sunshine came hurtling through the door ... What on earth I cried? (*actually the wording was a bit different ... but I don't want to offend your delicate sensibilities) ;)
The 'Expandable' hose pipe was gushing water out of the tap end fitting ... *Oh bother said I and rushed to turn the tap off ...
No problem thought I just needs a slight repair ... 45mins and 3 broken nails (Mine not the metal variety) later, it was fixed ...
Water was now confined to where it should be ... :D
I decided to start with the roof ... I had watch my Denny do it lots of time ... what could possibly go wrong?
Up the 8ft stepladder I climbed long handled brush in one hand and hosepipe in the other ... this is when I encountered my second problem (sorry challenge to be PC) the long handled brush was not 8ft long and the bucket with the water and cleaner in it was on the ground! ... So I either keep going up and down the steps or try and bend down and see if I can reach the water ... Well the first is the safe way, but at a month shy of 65 and not as slim as I was 20yrs ago I decided on the less active bend and dip method ... not one of my finest ideas ... but for half of the roof it worked and I progressed slowly along one side ...
It was at about the offside rear light cluster that I got a damp, nay very wet feeling ... the spray end of the extendable hosepipe was spraying me and everything in a 5ft radius with very cold water ... Oh dear oh dear thought I, that needs repairing also :(
I decided to leave it whilst I unwound the Fiamma side thingy so I could wash behind it ... upon getting the winding handle out, I found one of the pins that hold it together had sheered and that too needed a repair ...
It was at this point I decided that the darling fairies/gremlins were taking the 'P' out of me ... :o
Outcome is I have left all the stuff out there and I am making a coffee ... Whilst looking up motorhome cleaners in Essex!
It is times like this when I feel old!! :) :) :)

Kathy and Max dog

“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment to animals.”

Rate this post:

ADVERT - Full Members don't see these - click our link below to hide them

Click here to join or upgrade to Full Member

We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection